Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default I refuse to participate in a recession

Real-Debrid

Right guys, obviously there is much doom, gloom and dispondancy among all the trades in the construction industry and beyond. This is a true test of character and business is bad for some companies. We've all had a right good moan on some other threads, guys are backstabbing and cutting each others throats to find work, crappy prices galore, companies are going bust left right and centre, it's someone elses fault, everything is a right bloody shambles, and the world is about to end ........ or is it?

.... but that's not what this thread is about.

Please stop for a moment and ask yourself, what are the opportunities, the changes that are about to happen and how you can manipulate all of these factors to your advantage? It's a fact the recession will end and it will be a brave new world for those who are steadfast and determined to stay the course.

If you can share any positive thoughts and experiences with us, please do.

Say after me - "I refuse to participate in a recession."

PS. Negative comments will be frowned upon and the member added to my little black book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

For a start I think the media played a large part in scaring everyone half to death so they stopped spending. I admit im guilty and tightened up the purse strings and spent more wisely. I help those around me, as I know its a case of what goes around comes around. I truly believe most the undercut guys will eventually go bust as they are operating on zero profit margins and thats not a good business plan ever.

I put my prices up, put out quality over quantity and worked hard to find better clients eventually getting rid of all the shit ones that accepted undercut prices. Works for me so far so good.
    Like you said - I refuse to participate in this recession, I have money to make.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JPxTPxMP For This Useful Post:

admin (09-05-2009)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Said all I have to say on this f*ckin' recession and I think you know what side my breads buttered on ..., don't you?
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    Said all I have to say on this f*ckin' recession and I think you know what side my breads buttered on ..., don't you?
    Awww, go on..... say it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

It's a positive thinking self fulfilling prophesy isn't it? Stop reading newspapers and watching the news and the world is a much cheerier place to live in. I refuse to participate in a recession or a swine flu pandemic
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amestaper For This Useful Post:

admin (09-05-2009)

Thread Information