Thread: banjo

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Default banjo

whats the best way to run a banjo and make money from it
    ie 1 man gang 2 man gang 3 man gang?
    or just run it your self taping and wiping on your tod.

whats the going rate for paper tape then as all i buy is scrim tape as most my work is plastering.
    first time i used a banjo and im still trying to get a set up going that will make money not loose it paying for guys/stuff i dont need
    as a taper what sort of m2 do i need to put on a day as a good rate (pace) with a (banjo) say two guys one taping and one troweling off

as i said i really dont know how to get this system working propper and start making money lol

Thanks

hey kentish,you should be looking at doing 500sm a week on house bashing on your own.i find that 2 men working together dont do double the work, so your better of working yourself,only your own wage to worry about.i use fiba on flat joints and only paper tape internals, you might get away with paper taping flat joints in hot weather but generally you wont get the time to wait on the joints drying before the next coat.good luck.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

thanks mate iv got a big job to price up soon and thay asked for a tape and jointing price and skimming price about 3,000m2 95% board work dont know if we are doing the board work.
    but will be nice if we get it.
    on a big job like that i know the plastering side of things id go in with 2/1 gang maybe a 3/1 gang just to bang it out.
    as for taping i really dont know if any one can PM a m2 price on a job like this it will help loads.
    im set up for one taper (me) and a lab cleaning and mixing.
    id get a 2nd banjo and some more gear if needed its a big job (well i think it is)

as for plastering im all set ready to go theres some big lids 50/60m2 and some really high too ally tower jobs faulted ceiling
    i know all my plastering prices ect even machine plastering but tape and jointing?????

Thanks

think tonym is the man to talk to about that one kentish,think he prices loads of that kind of work.hope you get it bud.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

will be nice if we do mate thanks for the help buddy

Thread Information