Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Paper joint tape

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default


    Scottishlad , no framing, just board and skim, its been great to get all the help from you guys, cheers

    TT

  2. #22
    Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    548
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tictac2340 View Post
    Scottishlad , no framing, just board and skim, its been great to get all the help from you guys, cheers

    TT
    yeah thats what i mean if all their framing and partitions are all bang on then should be plain sailing for you fingers crossed!

  3. #23
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jase hag View Post
    We bed the tape,leave it dry for a day and second coat it the next day.you should not get any problems using this method.housebashers do it in one day as they don't give a shit,problems later on.
    Do all housebashers do this...? Is this done on every house they do...? Are these housebashers not up to your exaulted standards in your eyes....? Every housbasher doesn't give shit then....? Can you please explain a little more.......

  4. #24
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    well thats the way I do it too but I have been having trouble with it drying before topping, apparently its because I use a rollplough which leaves too much muck under the tape so I will be using a roller and trowel off the excess on the next one to see if that helps.

    House bashers do have a bad rep dont they, I have just come back to it after 10yrs doing industrial stuff and so far im finding it quite refreshing, Ooops i meant frustrating

  5. #25
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    st blazey,cornwall
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forestbhoy View Post
    Do all housebashers do this...? Is this done on every house they do...? Are these housebashers not up to your exaulted standards in your eyes....? Every housbasher doesn't give shit then....? Can you please explain a little more.......
    Paid very little,so tend to cut corners.no pride.

  6. #26
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Paid very little :- I dont think so

    tend to cut corners :- absolutley but forced to do that to complete on time

    No Pride :- Thats just not true I do have pride and do the best job I can given the circumstances.

    I think that depends on how you look at it, the agent on my site tells me he has writent into his progame 2days for tape&joint so if I do it in 2 days to a reasonable standard I make good money and every bodys happy. Believe it or not I would rather take 3 days and do a better job even for the same money, which is what I am doing on this house because I started yesterday (Friday) and I went in today which they dont count and I shall top it on Monday.

  7. #27
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Paid very little :- I dont think so

    tend to cut corners :- absolutley but forced to do that to complete on time

    No Pride :- Thats just not true I do have pride and do the best job I can given the circumstances.



    I think that depends on how you look at it, the agent on my site tells me he has writent into his progame 2days for tape&joint so if I do it in 2 days to a reasonable standard I make good money and every bodys happy. Believe it or not I would rather take 3 days and do a better job even for the same money, which is what I am doing on this house because I started yesterday (Friday) and I went in today which they dont count and I shall top it on Monday.
    So you are taking 3 days because you have to go back and sand it.
    When you sand it, has it been 2nd fixed?

  8. #28
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    So you are taking 3 days because you have to go back and sand it.
    When you sand it, has it been 2nd fixed?

    No Tony im only taking 3 days because it came up to start on a friday so they allow friday and monday to joint but I chose to first coat fri 2nd coat sat and will top it on monday which makes for a nicer job IMO. This is my first house on this site and judging by next door which has been 2fixed and not rubbed then yes I recon they will do it to this one too.

    I should add Im only doing this because its less than a mile from home, if I had to drive 30mile to get to it I would do it in two days because of fuel and traveling time. There are limits.

    Its a living.

  9. #29
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    This is my first house on this site and judging by next door which has been 2fixed and not rubbed then yes I recon they will do it to this one too.

    That's cnutish, and costs you money. I'd be taking that out on the site agent somehow, either in the way of flat tyres or shit in his filing cabinet

  10. #30
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jase hag View Post
    Paid very little,so tend to cut corners.no pride.
    You still have not gave a reply to the questions i asked.......so you know i have no pride in my work,without ever meeting me or seeing my work....??

    Very strange..

  11. #31
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    st blazey,cornwall
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forestbhoy View Post
    You still have not gave a reply to the questions i asked.......so you know i have no pride in my work,without ever meeting me or seeing my work....??

    Very strange..
    Most of the housebashers I know don't give a shit,I was not referring to you.whats so strange ?

  12. #32
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    That's cnutish, and costs you money. I'd be taking that out on the site agent somehow, either in the way of flat tyres or shit in his filing cabinet

    Ha ha Tony you sound like me 10-15 yrs ago lol. Its all changed now they call the shots you either put up with it or you dont get much work, its not so bad for me personally I just plod along Im way past the every second and every penny counts world that I used to live in. If it takes me a couple hours longer to sand then thats the way it is, I allow a day for it and generally get done by dinner time. In short I have chilled out some what. Still like to Moan about it though coz Im a Taper.

    forestboy dont take it personally House bashers are all tarred with the same brush.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dillon For This Useful Post:

    jase hag (10-03-2013)

  14. #33
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jase hag View Post
    Most of the housebashers I know don't give a shit,I was not referring to you.whats so strange ?
    Read your original quote,you generalise that to be a housebasher means that you don't give a shit,that means all of us who do it.Why is it strange,because you have the ability to know what the standard of site work is like throughout the country.Now you say its most of the house bashers you know.Maybe its like Dillon says,i have taken it personal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paper Tape without a Bazooka.........maybe
    By Brian S in forum Taping tips and timesavers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 05:34 AM
  2. paper tape dispenser
    By wallpaul in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-07-2011, 09:12 PM
  3. B&Q paper drywall tape.
    By TonyM in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-03-2011, 07:17 PM
  4. Best tools for doing paper tape internals
    By picasso in forum Taping, jointing and drywall finishing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 11:12 PM
  5. paper or fiba tape
    By the_tapeinator in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •