Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Internals

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Default Internals

Ok lets imagine you have applied muck to your internal by what ever method you use, (roller, mudrunner,syringe etc) How do you apply your tape ???

I unroll great lengths then crease it leaving it lying on the floor then feed it into the corners by hand.

Is there a better way

I am actually trying to design something to do the job something like a banjo but without the resavoir, The problem is IF the paper is dry it does not fold well it just kinks up, The paper needs to be wet for it to work with either water or muck but that kinda defeats the object cos I might just as well use a banjo. I have tried dunking the paper rool in a bucket first and it worked for the first few meters then the paper became dry or didnt get wet enough on the roll.

Any Ideas
    Last edited by Dillon; 05-03-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Dillon I usually have a roll holder on my belt, just crease thefirst foot or so then just pull of the roll pushing into the corner as you go. I apply by hand as well
    Also saves wasting a lot time and tape

Thanks

Hi dillon, I cut and crease the full room first and lay the tapes on the floor, along the wall theyre to go on. Then cut and crease the 4 uprights and GO! Apply mud with the lambswool mud roller, put tape on and roll out with the mud roller again to put more mud on, I do one tape at a time this way then angle roll the full room and flush with 3" butterfly
    hope this helps

Thanks

Use the little belt reel like Brian says. If you unroll loads, you either tread on it or pick up grit and stuff from the floor.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Thanksguys I know what you all mean, I find the roll holder in your hip very awkward to feed the paper out crease it and push it into the corner, as for pre cutting the tapes that takes too much time. Tony I agree about the picking up grit and stepping on it, this is what prompted the original question, Its not too bad if your alone in the house and you keep the paper dry, I unroll it into the middle of the room then work around the walls, like I said Ok if the room is empty.

The bazooka does it all in one go

and there are several ways in which to apply the muck like a mudrunner, a syringe or I use the corner pro and aplicator head, All as fast as the bazooka and all a bit more versatile when it comes to cupboards etc.

The problem is getting the paper into the corners fast and efficiently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Thanksguys I know what you all mean, I find the roll holder in your hip very awkward to feed the paper out crease it and push it into the corner, as for pre cutting the tapes that takes too much time. Tony I agree about the picking up grit and stepping on it, this is what prompted the original question, Its not too bad if your alone in the house and you keep the paper dry, I unroll it into the middle of the room then work around the walls, like I said Ok if the room is empty.

and there are several ways in which to apply the muck like a mudrunner, a syringe or I use the corner pro and aplicator head, All as fast as the bazooka and all a bit more versatile when it comes to cupboards etc.

It doesn't really take too much time mate! A minute per room, thats all

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Use the little belt reel like Brian says. If you unroll loads, you either tread on it or pick up grit and stuff from the floor.
    Have seen hand tapers cut all of downstairs before now,but to stop treading or picking up grit like you say,hang them from the ceiling light wire in each room.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Well I have had a bit of a break through today with my invention I have managed to get it to roll the paper right into the corner after its muddied up. Now all I have to do is devise a good way of cutting the tape acuratley and then Im off to the Dragons Den

Thanks

Well I have had a bit of a break through today with my invention I have managed to get it to roll the paper right into the corner after its muddied up. Now all I have to do is devise a good way of cutting the tape acuratley and then Im off to the Dragons Den
    umm age old internal debate... use usg paper tape its got the best precrease can just roll out on floor then put in or not wanting to piss on your chips just hold roll in hand and put in. no need for inventions. just buy the right brand of tape. tried the belt holder its good once you get the hang of it but you cant go warp speed with it. i roll out in middle of room.. simple is best

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    umm age old internal debate... use usg paper tape its got the best precrease can just roll out on floor then put in or not wanting to piss on your chips just hold roll in hand and put in. no need for inventions. just buy the right brand of tape. tried the belt holder its good once you get the hang of it but you cant go warp speed with it. i roll out in middle of room.. simple is best
    Agree with you about the Sheetrock tape. Creases really easily.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

I hear you but you havnt seen my invention Its a bit like a bazooka without the tube.

At the moment it takes me 2hrs to tape a normal 3 bed house, about two rolls of tape, that includes everything but the most time consuming part is getting the tape on the top lines especially if I carnt reach off the floor and have to resort to stilts.

While im on the subject I was once doing some flats and there were loads of tapers on the job, there was a young welsh guy who was obviousley a beginner and he was struggling some what so we would pop in and give him some tips. Any way he had this roller on a stick and I said whats that for and he showed me, It was what we all know as an internal roller But it was the first one I had ever seen and I bought one that same day. And I thought I knew it all.

The point is it might be an age old debate but you never know I might have the answer to it.
    Last edited by Dillon; 08-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

If u can put on internals by hand as quick as i can with the zooka i would love 2 c that!!!
    I'm up for a race!!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    If u can put on internals by hand as quick as i can with the zooka i would love 2 c that!!!
    I'm up for a race!!
    Me too...

Saw a lad once do a house with a syringe,then promptly put the paper on with a gun....lol.....

We all have our ways...

Thanks

well i can put internals in a standard 3 bed inside a hour easy and no cleaning down time ect... no pump or expensive gun and non sense. just be rude going any quicker plus can top them off same day with exellent results. what more do u want.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Beermonster it will never be as fast as a Bazooka its not intended for that but it will be easier in the confined spaces.

Forrest boy what gun did he use for putting the tapes on, maybe im trying to inven something thats all ready been done.

Thomas I would like to watch you do it in an hour, like you said what more do you need, if I could do it in an hour then I would be happy.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Beermonster it will never be as fast as a Bazooka its not intended for that but it will be easier in the confined spaces.

Forrest boy what gun did he use for putting the tapes on, maybe im trying to inven something thats all ready been done.

Thomas I would like to watch you do it in an hour, like you said what more do you need, if I could do it in an hour then I would be happy.
    Cant see hand being quicker than a fast machine taper.

Cant remember what it was,it was just the fact he applied muck by hand then was more than capable to use a machine to apply the paper lol....

And if you can bang on the internals easily in an hour please tell me where i have been going wrong all these years...

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

I can see the great internal challenge comming on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forestbhoy View Post
    Cant see hand being quicker than a fast machine taper.

Cant remember what it was,it was just the fact he applied muck by hand then was more than capable to use a machine to apply the paper lol....

And if you can bang on the internals easily in an hour please tell me where i have been going wrong all these years...
    by knowing what your doing and why your doing it and getting a move on. syringe floor of three bed 4 min roll out tape and put in 10 min roll in 5 min flush over 3 min knife off top and bottom 7 mins... used to be quicker but not got the drive of my youth. not seen any one faster with a auto taper on thier own including cleaning the thing and pump. dillon you are more than welcome to drop by and see for your self. me and my mate did a 490 m2 three story to good site standard no shrinkage no pin holes easy to rub ect in 6 hours flat. he is a little slower than me but still one of the best i have seen. jobs simple if you can leave it to dry between coats monkeys could do it.

Thanks

by knowing what your doing and why your doing it and getting a move on. syringe floor of three bed 4 min roll out tape and put in 10 min roll in 5 min flush over 3 min knife off top and bottom 7 mins... used to be quicker but not got the drive of my youth. not seen any one faster with a auto taper on thier own including cleaning the thing and pump. dillon you are more than welcome to drop by and see for your self. me and my mate did a 490 m2 three story to good site standard no shrinkage no pin holes easy to rub ect in 6 hours flat. he is a little slower than me but still one of the best i have seen. jobs simple if you can leave it to dry between coats monkeys could do it.
    Utter bollocks!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

you must be a housebasher then lol

Thread Information