Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76

Thread: Internals

  1. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default


    facts tony... how can that be bollocks. been doing it for 17 years and never out of work. its not even half a trade. very little skill needed if done by the book. doing units in a day well is a challenge but can be done. that three story was taylor wimpy filton by mod. rubbing it down tomorrow.... see the"bollocks" for yourself. its nothing speical to be a taper m8.

  2. #22
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Thomas dont knock yourself down Taping is a trade and not something any one can do, you might think it is and I have said the same but to do it well requires a certain attitude for the job. We can all stand and watch any trades man doing his work and think "that looks easy any one can do it" but the reallity is no they carnt. I lost count of how many people have said the same to me (usually labourers) so I hand them the blade and pan and 9 times out of 10 they carnt even get it out of the pan. This is also why you can do a house in 6hrs when it would take a lesser experienced taper much longer, you have the experience and skill required.

    In all the years I have been doing this apart from the guy who tought me I have never met any one who does it the same way, This is why im all ways keen to see how others do it because I know that things change and people find quicker and better ways of doing it. Over the years I have changed to the internal roller, the boxes and more recently the internal flusher and im thinking about the syringe next.

  3. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default internals

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Utter bollocks!
    i ve been doing it a lot of years!!!!
    utter boll..ks put your money where your mouth is !!!! you will lose

  4. #24
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer View Post
    i ve been doing it a lot of years!!!!
    utter boll..ks put your money where your mouth is !!!! you will lose

    Great first post Welcome.

  5. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    you have the right attiude dillon. too many just think they are the greatest and dissmiss others. i know there are plenty quicker and better than me out there. got a pressure washer for speed cleaning filler from box and pump. its the down time that kills lol. with modern tools and mud the job is easy tho.

  6. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer View Post
    i ve been doing it a lot of years!!!!
    utter boll..ks put your money where your mouth is !!!! you will lose
    umm...dartanion the great enters the frey... what says you am i talking bollocks?

  7. #27
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Thats interesting how do you supply water for the jet washer. I still do it by hand and thats exactley what I mean. All though my latest discovery is a 0.53 bog brush from asda is the perfect size for cleaning the pump tube.

  8. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Thats interesting how do you supply water for the jet washer. I still do it by hand and thats exactley what I mean. All though my latest discovery is a 0.53 bog brush from asda is the perfect size for cleaning the pump tube.
    right on with the bog brush m8. most pressure washers will run off a butt... not set it all up yet mind. coat up by hand at the mo.

  9. #29
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer View Post
    i ve been doing it a lot of years!!!!
    utter boll..ks put your money where your mouth is !!!! you will lose
    You boys always carry a stopwatch when you tape?

    Did Thomas ring you up and tell you to join the forum for a bit of fun?

    Welcome to the forum. Somehow I think this may be your first & last post.

  10. #30
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    I first coat with an 8" box its easy with wondertex filler coz it dont go off for at least 90mins but on friday I tried it with lafarge trade, 65mins and it was going I just mannaged to clean the pump and boxes but lost the rest of the mix, got to work on that which is why my ears pricked up when you mentioned preasure washer.

  11. #31
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    facts tony... how can that be bollocks. been doing it for 17 years and never out of work. its not even half a trade. very little skill needed if done by the book. doing units in a day well is a challenge but can be done. that three story was taylor wimpy filton by mod. rubbing it down tomorrow.... see the"bollocks" for yourself. its nothing speical to be a taper m8.
    17 yrs earning tremendous money obviously if you are that fast. Why the fcuk are you still taping? Surely you would've made your retirement pot and diversified.

  12. #32
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    The only thing I would agree with Thomas is is that it is not a trade. It is easy to do and there is not much to have to remember. Where they get enough material to get an NVQ out of it, beats the shit out of me. No text books, just a couple of sides of A4 surely.

  13. #33
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    well we have 2 pages here on just internals


    and yes I guess we do put a stop watch on everything thats how we make money, seriousley though I do set a timer when putting filler through the pump.

  14. #34
    Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 137 Times in 110 Posts

    Default

    Dillon we've used one of those pump up garden sprayers for years, not much to carry around, but cleans the boxes out a treat, don't use a zook, so can't say on that score

  15. #35
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    Dillon we've used one of those pump up garden sprayers for years, not much to carry around, but cleans the boxes out a treat, don't use a zook, so can't say on that score
    Really I wouldnt have thought that was powerfull enough, I have one of those in the shed maybe give it a go. Currently I take a waterbut into the house and wash everything in it.

  16. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    17 yrs earning tremendous money obviously if you are that fast. Why the fcuk are you still taping? Surely you would've made your retirement pot and diversified.
    five years working for crap day rate paying my dues. too many days off with lack of motovation... and tax man. also not that motovated to have loads of money just been working on my own not using any one to earn my money for me. last two years been bit bad @ 1.70 m2 its hard to keep busy enough every week. i just got quick for the challenge. its a lot of pressure doing 5 units a week on your own takes its toll. you can agree or disagree all you want but any one who knows me and seen me work will back me up. done five bed on my own in a day... four beds with rub down loads of times. also stayed in bed for weeks on end coz cant get my head round it. belive what you want chaps.
    Last edited by thomas.savage; 10-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.

  17. #37
    Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    548
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    theres no way in hell a hand taper is faster than a boy running about with an automatic taper! if you mean a real hand taper "who puts the filler on using a brush or roller" then hand creases the tapes into the internals.

    bazookas and other tools like that are known as "speed taping" for a reason i can knock out a few rooms a day hand taping but i know for a fact that the likes or alex or tony with a bazooka and all the gear could easily knock out 4-5 or more rooms without breaking a sweat! only bitch with machines is all the cleaning but there are some clarty as f**k hand tapers out there who dont wash their tools "dry and knock/scrape"

  18. #38
    Season ticket holder amestaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,606
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 281 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    i can knock out a few rooms a day hand taping but i know for a fact that the likes or alex or tony with a bazooka and all the gear could easily knock out 4-5 or more rooms without breaking a sweat!
    I set a target of 500m2 a week per man + all the corners beads in that area. If whoever I worked for wanted us to tape more than that or cut my rates to make us work faster.... then they could whistle. I'm not risking my health for anybody because in the end they don't really care about you, just that the job gets done quick and cheaply. We are all expendable and they know if you get injured then they can replace you (with someone cheaper no doubt) the very next day. Its all bollocks now, and that's why I don't do this job anymore.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

  19. #39
    Season ticket holder amestaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,606
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 281 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    thomas.savage. Despite my big yellow nag screen you dont read, you still have to change your email address to a valid one as my inbox is being steadily filled with notifications intended for you.

    It is a requirement of the site rules so deal with it, or I will remove your thread subscriptions and ability to post. I'm not kidding.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

  20. #40
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    five years working for crap day rate paying my dues. too many days off with lack of motovation... and tax man. also not that motovated to have loads of money just been working on my own not using any one to earn my money for me. last two years been bit bad @ 1.70 m2 its hard to keep busy enough every week. i just got quick for the challenge. its a lot of pressure doing 5 units a week on your own takes its toll. you can agree or disagree all you want but any one who knows me and seen me work will back me up. done five bed on my own in a day... four beds with rub down loads of times. also stayed in bed for weeks on end coz cant get my head round it. belive what you want chaps.
    Was going to say a lot to this,but obviously a load of bolx.....very funny....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best tools for doing paper tape internals
    By picasso in forum Taping, jointing and drywall finishing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •