Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internals

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    Hi dillon, I cut and crease the full room first and lay the tapes on the floor, along the wall theyre to go on. Then cut and crease the 4 uprights and GO! Apply mud with the lambswool mud roller, put tape on and roll out with the mud roller again to put more mud on, I do one tape at a time this way then angle roll the full room and flush with 3" butterfly
    hope this helps
    i do this also lol il go round whack out all the flats then go round cutting all the internals and lay them on the floor for a couple of rooms knock up a diluted batch of fast set and roller into the corners or brush it on and whack the tapes on then onto the next room same goes for external tapes (but not diluted) works for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    by knowing what your doing and why your doing it and getting a move on. syringe floor of three bed 4 min roll out tape and put in 10 min roll in 5 min flush over 3 min knife off top and bottom 7 mins... used to be quicker but not got the drive of my youth. not seen any one faster with a auto taper on thier own including cleaning the thing and pump. dillon you are more than welcome to drop by and see for your self. me and my mate did a 490 m2 three story to good site standard no shrinkage no pin holes easy to rub ect in 6 hours flat. he is a little slower than me but still one of the best i have seen. jobs simple if you can leave it to dry between coats monkeys could do it.
    I think we need to see this in action.
    Video please.................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlad2k10 View Post
    i do this also lol il go round whack out all the flats then go round cutting all the internals and lay them on the floor for a couple of rooms knock up a diluted batch of fast set and roller into the corners or brush it on and whack the tapes on then onto the next room same goes for external tapes (but not diluted) works for me
    Ahh but I never use fast set for internals, Scottishlad, cement only. Pick up too much sh!t on your butterfly when 2nd coating. Suppose its ok if you've only got a few tapes to do so it'll dry quick but, not for me.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jase hag View Post
    you must be a housebasher then lol
    Jase you do say that with a plum in your mouth and like you just stepped in it

Im a house basher too be carefull where you put your feet at least I didnt just drive 100miles and back for nowt chasing the Big money lol

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Jase you do say that with a plum in your mouth and like you just stepped in it

Im a house basher too be carefull where you put your feet at least I didnt just drive 100miles and back for nowt chasing the Big money lol
    Very good mate lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    thomas.savage. Despite my big yellow nag screen you dont read, you still have to change your email address to a valid one as my inbox is being steadily filled with notifications intended for you.

It is a requirement of the site rules so deal with it, or I will remove your thread subscriptions and ability to post. I'm not kidding.
    did not ignor but site would not accept my email address . may be its link to a old accout on here. just remove my profile not much point posting on thing when every one thinks your lieing talking bollocks ect. if you think how fast i have got jobs done in the past is imposible well thats just fine. i would have to be very sad to make this up but whatever. whats the point of this fourm if we cant all be honest and treat each other with the respect a hard working man deserves. plus shorly this forum is here to share our methods and help each other? thats important to me but i can do that when you all just want to trash me. i house bash to a good standard and all i have said and shared with you on this site is true i have slowed a little over the years and improved my standard would not fancy doing a five bed on my own these days but i have done plenty. my name is tom savage i live in taunton if any of you are working near by and i am off i would be more than happy to do a unit together exchange knowlage. if my profile is still here pm me and i will give you my number. no bull no bragging nothing to hide or lie about.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomas.savage For This Useful Post:

amestaper (14-03-2013),E.K Taper (13-03-2013)

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Well said Tom theres no point in falling out we are all trying to make a living, I do believe what you have said I would just like to know how its done which is one of the reasons Im on here. Like you I dont take kindly to being told im doing it wrong or talking bollox and I too will fight my corner but you have to stick around to do it. I would love to do a unit with you but right now Im stacked out.

Thanks

did not ignor but site would not accept my email address . may be its link to a old accout on here.
    It couldn't update as it was linked to another account called savage. Nag screen has been removed, and your email address has vanished from public view.

just remove my profile not much point posting on thing when every one thinks your lieing talking bollocks ect. if you think how fast i have got jobs done in the past is imposible well thats just fine. i would have to be very sad to make this up but whatever. whats the point of this fourm if we cant all be honest and treat each other with the respect a hard working man deserves. plus shorly this forum is here to share our methods and help each other? thats important to me but i can do that when you all just want to trash me. i house bash to a good standard and all i have said and shared with you on this site is true i have slowed a little over the years and improved my standard would not fancy doing a five bed on my own these days but i have done plenty. my name is tom savage i live in taunton if any of you are working near by and i am off i would be more than happy to do a unit together exchange knowlage. if my profile is still here pm me and i will give you my number. no bull no bragging nothing to hide or lie about.
    Well said but I'm not going to remove your profile(s) because you've had a hard time, sometimes you will have to give as good as you get like you would in real life.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

I think we need to see this in action.
    Video please.................
    a vid would be too easy to speed up

Thanks

haha that would be some laugh! He could video himself and play it on Fast Forward and we'd never know!

Thanks

haha that would be some laugh! He could video himself and play it on Fast Forward and we'd never know!
    even then hed mess up and stick it in rewind and we could watch him remove his gear and tapes and do it all again in 1/4 of the time lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Ok lets imagine you have applied muck to your internal by what ever method you use, (roller, mudrunner,syringe etc) How do you apply your tape ???

I unroll great lengths then crease it leaving it lying on the floor then feed it into the corners by hand.

Is there a better way

I am actually trying to design something to do the job something like a banjo but without the resavoir, The problem is IF the paper is dry it does not fold well it just kinks up, The paper needs to be wet for it to work with either water or muck but that kinda defeats the object cos I might just as well use a banjo. I have tried dunking the paper rool in a bucket first and it worked for the first few meters then the paper became dry or didnt get wet enough on the roll.

Any Ideas
    Can am already make a machine that you can use from the floor,but as I remember was very expensive to import.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcfc View Post
    Can am already make a machine that you can use from the floor,but as I remember was very expensive to import.
    i think your right there im sure i seen a can am one on one of the canada or us taping sites cant remember which but. i just use a hip/belt clip and it holds the roll of paper tape easy enough while pulling the tape out with one hand creasing it with the other

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

you have the right attiude dillon. too many just think they are the greatest and dissmiss others. i know there are plenty quicker and better than me out there. got a pressure washer for speed cleaning filler from box and pump. its the down time that kills lol. with modern tools and mud the job is easy tho.
    Thomas I did some reaserch on this yesturday and it seems that only the bigger washers work from a water butt and it nees to be a big butt not just a bucket. I dont really have the space for carting aroung a full size machine I was thinking more of one of those portable ones but they dont run from a butt/bucket. Let me know it you figure out a way of doing it. Mean time its back to the bog brush

Thanks

I use this with all metal fittings and connectors and a metre or so of hose. The plastic ones won't stand the pressure.
    Just connect to the site water supply.
    http://www.darlac.com/products/super-pro-spray-gun

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Thanks Tony that would be perfect its what I use at home but on site we dont have that sort of supply we usually just get a water butt/dustbin plonked outside the house, I have how ever had yet another Idea (oh groan) I have some where an electrick water pump from my old heating boiler going to see if I can rig that up to a hose so I can use one of your guns.

Thanks

Surely there must be mains water on site?

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Of course there is if you like walking, my water is delivered by fork lift in two water buts. When im putting filler through the box and pump it would be gone off before I got near the hose pipe. On the bovis site in Dawlish the offices, carpark and water are a 10 minute walk, I kid you not its got to be half a mile. I takes me an hour just to drop my gear off at the house then drive to the car park sign in and walk back to the house.

Tony you live a sheltered life I think a few weeks of house bashing will be a real adventure for you.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Dillon why not get a bigger spray pump you can refill from the water butt, like this

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/fence_sprayer.jsp

Just enlarge the spray nozzle a bit to get a decent spray out of it

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Brian I have one of those and dug it out the other day, it would probably be OK for joint cement/Ames but I didnt think it was strong enough for filler thats starting to go off. All said and done I manage OK with my Bog brush and I have a tooth brush which get the spout clean especially now its a bit warmer, but when I started this thread it was bloody cold and getting your hands in the water but was a bit unpleasent. I know Im a girl

still going to have a go with this water pump I have, I think i'll mount it on the genny with a on/off switch. I like trying to make things like that it keeps me out of trouble.

Thread Information