Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: Internals

  1. #61
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post

    Tony you live a sheltered life I think a few weeks of house bashing will be a real adventure for you.
    I did houses for a while when times were good. As soon as they wanted me to park hundreds of yards away in a compound, supply my own generator, and let other trades work in the house at the same time for less than 2.50 a metre I thought 'fcuk this!' I'm afraid I have a blinkered opinion of site managers, large drylining firms and volume house builders now, in that i think that they are all utter cnuts, and know that I would end up smacking someone before crib time if I ventured back on site.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

    Beermonster (13-04-2013)

  3. #62
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    You are sooooo right I have exactley the same oppinion, how ever I have ventured back after about 10yrs and nothing has changed except me that is, I havnt smacked any one yet lol. I do get the house to myself though and on this site they put heaters in so we can rub down before they secong fix (say it aint so). Strange as it may seem I find it quite refreshing after ten yrs of industrial work being made to wear everything from glasses to kevlar jock straps. At least once your in your house you can wear spedo's and nobody gives a toss unless you go outside without your helmet.

  4. #63
    VIP E.K Taper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    East Kilbride, Glasgow
    Posts
    1,385
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 199 Times in 177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    You are sooooo right I have exactley the same oppinion, how ever I have ventured back after about 10yrs and nothing has changed except me that is, I havnt smacked any one yet lol. I do get the house to myself though and on this site they put heaters in so we can rub down before they secong fix (say it aint so). Strange as it may seem I find it quite refreshing after ten yrs of industrial work being made to wear everything from glasses to kevlar jock straps. At least once your in your house you can wear spedo's and nobody gives a toss unless you go outside without your helmet.
    If you're wearing speedos, just make sure yer helmet aint showin............

  5. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Thomas I did some reaserch on this yesturday and it seems that only the bigger washers work from a water butt and it nees to be a big butt not just a bucket. I dont really have the space for carting aroung a full size machine I was thinking more of one of those portable ones but they dont run from a butt/bucket. Let me know it you figure out a way of doing it. Mean time its back to the bog brush
    got 80 pound nilfisk alto washer connect to butt via karacher hose n filter running of gen from blue plug...just have to prime hose works a treat.

  6. #65
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    got 80 pound nilfisk alto washer connect to butt via karacher hose n filter running of gen from blue plug...just have to prime hose works a treat.
    Thanks Again Thomas i was told that the smaller preasure washers wont draw water, obviousley they do.

  7. #66
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    My new Mudrunner arived today looks like new and works fine too having tried it in the garage, I have a day off tomoz but a house to do Thursday/Friday Im guessing i'll be getting some on the floor and a few choice words might be heard (from a mile away) but looking forward to it.

    Carnt figure out HOW it works though, When you pump the mud in, why doesnt it come out the end ???

  8. #67
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Because the gear doesn't come out until you twist the handle.

  9. #68
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    I can see that but why when you pump gear in does it push the piston back and fill the chamber instead of just going out the nozzell. Its got me and will drive me nuts till I figure it out. Wait a minute Im nuts all ready lol

  10. #69
    Getting the hang of this Captain perfect's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    I can see that but why when you pump gear in does it push the piston back and fill the chamber instead of just going out the nozzell. Its got me and will drive me nuts till I figure it out. Wait a minute Im nuts all ready lol

    When you take the top cover off there is a black plastic piece connected to a stainless rod, this blocks the exit hole for the mud. By twisting the lower handle pulls down this plastic bung & The mud flows.

    Had my mud runner for about 6 years . Top tool & well worth the $$

    Get a few more heads for it ie external corner & flat head for paper tapes
    Milk No Sugar.

  11. #70
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain perfect View Post
    When you take the top cover off there is a black plastic piece connected to a stainless rod, this blocks the exit hole for the mud. By twisting the lower handle pulls down this plastic bung & The mud flows.

    Had my mud runner for about 6 years . Top tool & well worth the $$

    Get a few more heads for it ie external corner & flat head for paper tapes

    Gotcha thanks very much I know exactley what you mean.

  12. #71
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    got 80 pound nilfisk alto washer connect to butt via karacher hose n filter running of gen from blue plug...just have to prime hose works a treat.
    Success after playing around with different Ideas I now have a nice small pressure washer that I can use. I modified a 25ltr warter container to feed the water and power from a Genny, Today Im going to shorten the lance to make it more manageable. Total cost 40.

  13. #72
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Success after playing around with different Ideas I now have a nice small pressure washer that I can use. I modified a 25ltr warter container to feed the water and power from a Genny, Today Im going to shorten the lance to make it more manageable. Total cost 40.

    I went back to work yesterday after 3 weeks with nowt which was a bit frustrating as I had my new Mudrunner and also my new pressure washer to try. The mudrunner well thats good and bad there is obviousley a technique to it which I have yet to master but when it goes right boy its good. As for my pressure washer invention WOW what bliss it really made light work of cleaning the pump, boxes, roller and mudrunner in fact everything got a good clean at the end of the day.
    Ps I did take a chance when I shortened the lance but thats made all the difference its just like a pistol grip and really manageable.

  14. #73
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Just want to Add to this again Im really getting to grips with the mud runner Today I used it to apply the mud to the internals then put the paper on and rolled it then used a flusher and de nibbed the corners, I gave it a couple of hours while I did other stuff then topped it off with the runner and a 3" head. WoW what a result well chuffed and so much faster too.

  15. #74
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    st blazey,cornwall
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Just want to Add to this again Im really getting to grips with the mud runner Today I used it to apply the mud to the internals then put the paper on and rolled it then used a flusher and de nibbed the corners, I gave it a couple of hours while I did other stuff then topped it off with the runner and a 3" head. WoW what a result well chuffed and so much faster too.
    dillon how thick do you have your mud?i have a mudrunner but can't seem to get on with it.

  16. #75
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Thats a difficult one to describe at first I had it too thin and ended up with a mess, the only way I can describe it is if I dip in a 6" knife then hold it verticle the mud doesnt run of and doesnt stick it sort of hangs for a while then slowley slides off.

    Also I have modified the the applicator head for putting the mud on before the paper, The standard one puts too much on so when you roll and flush theres too much muck to get rid of. So I have cut the applicator block down from 4.5mm groves to 2mm groves its easy to do I just put a sheet of sand paper on a flat surface then good old elbow grease keeping it level and taking regular measurments.

    But my biggest tip is:- I have all ways bedded on the paper then topped off the next day but its far better to top off a couple of hrs after because you dont get any dry bits of gear causing scratches and the finnisher travels better too.

    Stick with it Jase its great when you get it sussed.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dillon For This Useful Post:

    jase hag (14-05-2013)

  18. #76
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    At the risk of teaching granny to suck eggs the other problem that I gave my self was when I put my pump in the mud if it wouldnt prime up on its own I figured the mud was too stiff and would thin it down. This is not the case the pump will pump quite thick mud but you have to prime it first but pre filling the tube by hand. If you leave your pump with muck in it and store it in a plastic bag or something till the next time you wont have this problem, but me I strip and clean it every day after use even if Im using it the next morning.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best tools for doing paper tape internals
    By picasso in forum Taping, jointing and drywall finishing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •