Thread: Off On Our Travels.

Thanks

Default Off On Our Travels.

Me & Jase are off to Andover tomorrow for a few days. Got an industrial unit with some large offices to tape & spray. Just walls, 3m high and hopefully they've used 3m boards. I love commercial stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    I love commercial stuff.
    Me too, especially on miles of straight walls with big sheets and suspended ceilings = 's. Take care and happy hunting.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    Me too, especially on miles of straight walls with big sheets and suspended ceilings = 's. Take care and happy hunting.
    Went really well Alex. Drove up to find less than 200 mtrs ready when we were told there would be approximately 800. The 200 that was ready was still flapping in places. No glazing in so we had the arctic winds blowing through, so we were home again just after lunch. The best thing was that the guy we were doing it for hasn't been there for a while and relied on the site manager to say when it was ready.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Situation normal then Tony, don't you just love it when that happens.....not

Thanks

Just reminds us why we keep away from sites usually. Site managers are fcuktards.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

All to often the case, really sorry this happened to you, unfortunatley these people only care about getting guys on site the fact that they havnt got enough to do dont bother them at all because your on price. Sent the guy your working for an invoice to cover your fuel and 2 mens day work and tell him you'll go back when he pays it. Then Dont.

Thanks

The guy we went up for did apologise and is going to sort us out for today. Used 80+ of fuel. The other annoying thing was that the site agent wasn't even on site. He lives down our way and doesn't get on site till midday on Mondays. We left at 5am so why couldn't he. Hope he was pissed off when he found out that we'd fucked off again. It could be a nice job if they were organised.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

I hope he does sort it for you, I have had this so many times that I just dont believe any one any more, its deffo the worst part about working away from home they seem to think that just because you have traveled a long way you will do any thing when you get there. I went up to the Bullring in B'Ham some yrs ago to find it was not as described over the phone, I did the same as you turned round and drove home. GT interior solutions they were called.

Thanks

Went really well Alex. Drove up to find less than 200 mtrs ready when we were told there would be approximately 800. The 200 that was ready was still flapping in places. No glazing in so we had the arctic winds blowing through, so we were home again just after lunch. The best thing was that the guy we were doing it for hasn't been there for a while and relied on the site manager to say when it was ready.
    Sounds about right, sorry to hear that.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Thats a ball-ache mate, a day lost and a tank of fuel down too. Hope the job works out for you when it IS ready.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    Thats a ball-ache mate, a day lost and a tank of fuel down too. Hope the job works out for you when it IS ready.
    Will probably be too busy when it is.

Thanks

Yeah, sod's law eh

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Will probably be too busy when it is.
    I wouldnt go back these people never learn and it will be just the same if you did go back, your better off to walk away IMO

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    I wouldnt go back these people never learn and it will be just the same if you did go back, your better off to walk away IMO
    My words exactly.we picked up more work now,so they are shit out of luck.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

The sad fact is they will just get some one else who will probably have the same experience as you. Thats where forum's like this can really help if the word gets around about people like this and the bad payers etc they will have to get it together or no one will work for them. Im a great believer in voting with my feet. (rant over)

Thread Information