Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Freemans at Belmore

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    also worth mentioning you can 3 coat and still do it in a day... really boxing a tight skim coat takes fuck time.

narrow filler (getech trade is good for that job)
    nice coat of easi fill
    top coat of freeman...

you can even put the internal tapes up with easi fill and flush with a 3.5 corner head,
    then top with a 3" when its set... perfect!

might add a few min to your day depending on house size but for a standard 3 bed or small 4 bed its not going to add any more than a hour onto your day... half that if you move your arse!
    The usual stuff I do is no 2/4 bed plot!! F*ck I would like to c 1 again!
    Its all these crazy houses with vaulted chit and the rest! I am never on a site but some days I wish I was!
    Architects have lost the plot on some o the chit I c!! Its ok to draw the f*cking house on a plan but do they know that some poor c*nt like us has to do the job??????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    The usual stuff I do is no 2/4 bed plot!! F*ck I would like to c 1 again!
    Its all these crazy houses with vaulted chit and the rest! I am never on a site but some days I wish I was!
    Architects have lost the plot on some o the chit I c!! Its ok to draw the f*cking house on a plan but do they know that some poor c*nt like us has to do the job??????
    yea fair enough, as long as they pay its easy given the access to materials we have these days.. all those fancy beads you can get for the shit vaulted bits all you have to do is stick them on and wipe over the edge.. like you say the freeman is so easy and low shrink its simple as.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

He cant be your sister coz he's my Brother.

Hey Beermonster your not the Scottish guy that's been trying to buy my corner applicator and handle are you.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post

Hey Beermonster your not the Scottish guy that's been trying to buy my corner applicator and handle are you.
    Chit u should c my garage I'm not on the hunt for more!
    I could run a team of guys with athin in there!!
    Tool whore cant help myself but looking at getting rid of quite a bit!

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

yea fair enough, as long as they pay its easy given the access to materials we have these days.. all those fancy beads you can get for the shit vaulted bits all you have to do is stick them on and wipe over the edge.. like you say the freeman is so easy and low shrink its simple as.
    Yea Tom it all gets payed for!!
    Sometimes its as much work there is no way 2 price it and has 2 b time and materials!
    Always round my combs because u should c some of the chit I follow behind! Wish I had took some pics of a room10m x3.2 vaulted! Scary stuff I got the builder in and told him but what the f*ck?? He said u will sort it!!!!!
    Last edited by Beermonster; 28-03-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks

HAHAHA
    Yea ok maybe sisters LOL!
    Quite enjoyed watchin that!
    Interesting to see the different methods. Not saying 2 coats don't work just have seen it done particularly well.

maybe we're old school, but I'm only 30. Flat tape by trowel, 10 box and 12 box. Internals with boozka and final with 3", generally 3 coat reveals. Just can't see how you can tape a plot in a day.

I run a gang of 4 and generally do 15-20 plots a month so not slow.

The freemans is a god send.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acdw1985 View Post
    Interesting to see the different methods. Not saying 2 coats don't work just have seen it done particularly well.

maybe we're old school, but I'm only 30. Flat tape by trowel, 10 box and 12 box. Internals with boozka and final with 3", generally 3 coat reveals. Just can't see how you can tape a plot in a day.

Yea freemans is good!
    U got a job things r quiet here!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acdw1985 View Post

fair enough, i used to do 20 plots a month on my own lol... i guess the other guys could of cleaned my tools and kept moral up with a song or two.

its simple to tape plots in a day, just do what i wrote up the thread a bit, your still 3 coating.. if i had a ok lad, i could 3 coat site 4 beds in a day now and i am well unfit.

you're only filling out a tapered edge and covering some paper..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post

fear not i can be both,
    transgender.jpg

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

fair enough, i used to do 20 plots a month on my own lol... i guess the other guys could of cleaned my tools and kept moral up with a song or two.

its simple to tape plots in a day, just do what i wrote up the thread a bit, your still 3 coating.. if i had a ok lad, i could 3 coat site 4 beds in a day now and i am well unfit.

you're only filling out a tapered edge and covering some paper..
    This is the thing nobody realises that bevel is nothing now compered to years ago!
    Chit its a few mil deep and its lucky if u can even bury a papertape!
    I'm speaking about BG board!

Thanks

This is the thing nobody realises that bevel is nothing now compered to years ago!
    Chit its a few mil deep and its lucky if u can even bury a papertape!
    I'm speaking about BG board!
    its different on different makes of board (and even the same brand has differnces between board types.. pink blue green etc) though all my work is BG these days. the knaff board used the be the shallowest but it was wider, its was perfect imo. all the board is shit these days.

Thanks

Umm lovely rubbing down today, creamy freeman ready mix rubs so easy and looks so good. Seems to dry quick too.

Thanks

Coated up angle and nails plus but joints yesterday with freeman ( bit naughty doing the butt's) going back tomorrow lunch time to crack out the joints. Will be interesting to see what it looks like compared to doing with filler.

Might coat up my sat plots with freeman if it's ok. Hey a sat treat internal then coat up to top off on the Monday. I have tested it on the joints in showers etc and seems to shrink less than standard filler! No cracking so far...

Maybe be crack heaven though timber frames...

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

let me know how it goes thomas Re: on timber frame - should be fine, but always good to get feedback.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Coated up angle and nails plus but joints yesterday with freeman ( bit naughty doing the butt's) going back tomorrow lunch time to crack out the joints. Will be interesting to see what it looks like compared to doing with filler.

Might coat up my sat plots with freeman if it's ok. Hey a sat treat internal then coat up to top off on the Monday. I have tested it on the joints in showers etc and seems to shrink less than standard filler! No cracking so far...

Maybe be crack heaven though timber frames...
    U using fiba-tape??
    Think could b crack city if so!
    A well work has started coming in again so things r looking up.
    Steading conversion to price the morn and of coarse its got vaulted ceilings also!

Thanks

U using fiba-tape??
    Think could b crack city if so!
    A well work has started coming in again so things r looking up.
    Steading conversion to price the morn and of coarse its got vaulted ceilings also!
    Well me being the crack whore in the family will make a change

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    let me know how it goes thomas Re: on timber frame - should be fine, but always good to get feedback.
    Well it's a total joy to top on! The coating up did not shrink back, the compound only recessing into air gaps in butt joint nails and some areas on bead. This in not material shrinkage though, in terms of that there really is non to speak of.

Great stuff! I wish I could paper tape the joints and just use freeman for everything! It makes the job so easy it's ridiculous... Where was this stuff 15 years ago when I used to bash out 5 units a week... God know what I could of got though with the help of freeman.

its no fatigue in application and dramatically less when rubbing down.

oh and even on paper flex tape loaded heavy in places with a trowel .. No air holes! It's light but dense! It's not full of air like other lightweight compounds. Naming no names lol

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

I started this thread and if a fat old grumpy guy likes it then it must b good!
    And it is good!

Thanks

I started this thread and if a fat old grumpy guy likes it then it must b good!
    And it is good!
    I used it ages ago, back at the start but every time I phone for some more I got the run around! So went back to arrow... Then tried again... Run around....then again months later... Run around.... But now two pallets in a row with no run around.

still can't work out how belmore works lol you phone up and no one wants to take your order... Thankfully I managed to get past that very strange situation this time. Weird!

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

I used it ages ago, back at the start but every time I phone for some more I got the run around! So went back to arrow... Then tried again... Run around....then again months later... Run around.... But now two pallets in a row with no run around.

still can't work out how belmore works lol you phone up and no one wants to take your order... Thankfully I managed to get past that very strange situation this time. Weird!
    Think its the speed its selling at that they cant keep the stuff coming in as it takes weeks on a boat to get here!

Thread Information