Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freemans at Belmore

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I was looking at trying some of this and wondered how much is in a box.
    Can you thin down a bit?
    Cheers
    If u dump it in a empty bucket of that light Gypsh*t stuff the bucket will b full 2 a rough guide of 2 inch from the top of bucket!
    So if Gypsh*t Gets another 4 ltrs in the bucket they r doing pretty good! As theirs says 17 ltrs on bucket and the box says 13.5 ltrs or something like that!
    That's what I have found as I got some empty buckets of promix as the wider size just fits the cube of Freemans just perfect when dumping it in!!
    As for thining it down,It can take quite a bit of water for running tapes and is very clean stuff! I recon half a gallon at least today for running through the gun for internals! Think it needed more!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Beermonster For This Useful Post:

matt (11-09-2014)

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Cube!
    I'm hoping Marcus will send a sample up to try before my next big house and maybe give it a try out on that project.
    Sounds good cheers

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    If u dump it in a empty bucket of that light Gypsh*t stuff the bucket will b full 2 a rough guide of 2 inch from the top of bucket!
    So if Gypsh*t Gets another 4 ltrs in the bucket they r doing pretty good! As theirs says 17 ltrs on bucket and the box says 13.5 ltrs or something like that!
    That's what I have found as I got some empty buckets of promix as the wider size just fits the cube of Freemans just perfect when dumping it in!!
    As for thining it down,It can take quite a bit of water for running tapes and is very clean stuff! I recon half a gallon at least today for running through the gun for internals! Think it needed more!
    This is great feedback thanks as always Mr Beermonster! (owe you a beer or three!)

It's very interesting stuff this freemans - even though it clearly "states" 13.3l it actually weighs in at a tab over 18kg per box (as the box is nominal weight) it's a heck of a lot of compound in such a small cube ! it's to do with how its packed in the box and no space is spared.

With all current UK and European compounds in plastic bucket form - the trend for lightweight seems to mean a lot less compound, where as USA style light weight is still lighter than "old school" product its heavier than what we have been used to allowing more water to be added and = better value for money.

your samples should arrive friday or monday at the latest. im sure you find it nice to use and hopefully save you some money.

Enjoying all the interest and comments on this thread - lot's of new product lines to come from Belmore in the next few months.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to belmoreboy For This Useful Post:

matt (12-09-2014)

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

I'd love to give some a go, Marcus. Broke my foot yesterday so out of action for a couple of weeks.
    Need to order some new beads too so will could potential get a freemans sample sent out with them?

Getting the hang of this wallpaul's Avatar
    Thanks

the shed is now full of freemans.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

I had 10 boxes arrive today. They seem tiny, hard to believe there's a big bucket's worth of compound in there!
    If it goes well I may have to get a pallet too. How's the shelf life?
    Got some trim tex low profile corner bead too. See how that compares to the beaded paper faced metal stuff.
    Cheaper and lighter and no stress about bending in transit. No rust and maybe less compound needed too fill out. Could be good.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Got my first delivery today and ready for a fair sized house and the easiest sand ever known to man if the sample tubs were anything to go by.
    Painting this job too, so it'll be good to see the finish.
    Cheers to Marcus for the sample and first order.
    As crazy as this sounds, I'm actually looking forward to taping this job

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

If u don't like it I will be very surprised!
    It's good 2 work with and when u empty it out of the box it's like a large lump of butter! Then a quick mix its like spreading butter!!!!
    I've only opened one box up so far but mine is like butter that's been sat in the window on a hot day, probably wouldn't even thin it for boxing. I expected a solid cube. Will prob spend a while scraping it off the bag to make sure I get it all out. I hope the rest is thicker or it could be a PITA if I'm losing time getting it all out the bag every box.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prjwebb View Post
    I've only opened one box up so far but mine is like butter that's been sat in the window on a hot day, probably wouldn't even thin it for boxing. I expected a solid cube. Will prob spend a while scraping it off the bag to make sure I get it all out. I hope the rest is thicker or it could be a PITA if I'm losing time getting it all out the bag every box.
    Hi Seems odd - no one else has mentioned it being thin - quite the opposite - please let me know how the other boxes compare.

Shelf life is 9 months although like most other ready mixed JC it can last over 12 if stored correctly (ie temperature) - we usually turn stock every 10 weeks so never going to be a concern on dates.

Let me know what you think of the slimline bead, we love them here and hope they become a standard product over the next few years.

Anyone else wishing to try some sample product please drop me a line

regards

Marcus
    01603 787464

Getting the hang of this wallpaul's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Hi Seems odd - no one else has mentioned it being thin - quite the opposite - please let me know how the other boxes compare.

Shelf life is 9 months although like most other ready mixed JC it can last over 12 if stored correctly (ie temperature) - we usually turn stock every 10 weeks so never going to be a concern on dates.

Let me know what you think of the slimline bead, we love them here and hope they become a standard product over the next few years.

Anyone else wishing to try some sample product please drop me a line

regards

Marcus
    wouldnt mind trying these beads marcus!
    do they come in 3m lengths?

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

I'll go open up another box now and let you know Marcus. I tried to order some mudmax from you today but out of stock. Any idea when it's back in? Thanks!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Just checked another 2, they seem good. I checked the first again and it doesn't seem as bad as I first thought either. I opened it upside down so maybe the moisture had settled more at the bottom.
    I'll modify my previous post so one gets the wrong idea. Sorry about that.

Regarding that slimline mudset bead, do you know if it'll bond well to joint filler or is it more specifically for air dry mud?
    I'm going to tool up and go down the compound tube/external applicator route I think but for the next house or two it'll be done by hand, preferably with BG joint filler for first 2 coats.

Thanks

Ordered the slim line beads from belmore couple of weeks ago as I had quite a lot of externals to do. As I'm a plasterer by trade I'm used to using the thin coat angle beads. I stapled the slim line beads on and 2 coated them with easifill. Was very impressed with how sharp the corners looked and also used a lot less filler to coat them. I will use these every time I have a taping job now as I feel that im a lot faster using these than the flex metal tape. @belmore I would be very interested in sampling the freemans stuff it sounds good. (-;

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Just checked another 2, they seem good. I checked the first again and it doesn't seem as bad as I first thought either. I opened it upside down so maybe the moisture had settled more at the bottom.
    I'll modify my previous post so one gets the wrong idea. Sorry about that.

Regarding that slimline mudset bead, do you know if it'll bond well to joint filler or is it more specifically for air dry mud?
    I'm going to tool up and go down the compound tube/external applicator route I think but for the next house or two it'll be done by hand, preferably with BG joint filler for first 2 coats.
    Not sure what beads u have? They got the I-beam?
    But I just did a couple houses and I have glued and stapled them on and put them on with readymix!
    I prefer using readymix as its less f*cking about! I also put lots of pva in the filler just for safety!!

Thanks

But I just did a couple houses and I have glued and stapled them on and put them on with readymix!
    I prefer using readymix as its less f*cking about! I also put lots of pva in the filler just for safety!!
    prjwebb had the slimline bead here http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatal...0-x-2.4m-.html
    01603 787464

Thanks

i was hoping to try it but still waiting lol... those beads are a fair price marcus they could indeed end up replacing metal tape... would not mind giving the a go. what happened to my jc though.
    Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    This is great feedback thanks as always Mr Beermonster! (owe you a beer or three!)

It's very interesting stuff this freemans - even though it clearly "states" 13.3l it actually weighs in at a tab over 18kg per box (as the box is nominal weight) it's a heck of a lot of compound in such a small cube ! it's to do with how its packed in the box and no space is spared.

With all current UK and European compounds in plastic bucket form - the trend for lightweight seems to mean a lot less compound, where as USA style light weight is still lighter than "old school" product its heavier than what we have been used to allowing more water to be added and = better value for money.

your samples should arrive friday or monday at the latest. im sure you find it nice to use and hopefully save you some money.

Enjoying all the interest and comments on this thread - lot's of new product lines to come from Belmore in the next few months.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

So far so good with the trim tex. Bed a few this morning with joint filler and they feel solid. Looking forward to getting kitted up with the compound tube and external applicator though. Should be flying then.
    So far can't see any negatives compared to the paper faced metal.
    Lighter, can't be damaged/bent, cheaper, less compound needed, easy to cut, no worries about ripping paper when scraping down corner between coats.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    i was hoping to try it but still waiting lol... those beads are a fair price marcus they could indeed end up replacing metal tape... would not mind giving the a go. what happened to my jc though.
    My bad slapped wrist be with you tomorrow - give the beads a go thomas they are awesome and as you say good value

Cheers
    01603 787464

Thanks

So far so good with the trim tex. Bed a few this morning with joint filler and they feel solid. Looking forward to getting kitted up with the compound tube and external applicator though. Should be flying then.
    So far can't see any negatives compared to the paper faced metal.
    Lighter, can't be damaged/bent, cheaper, less compound needed, easy to cut, no worries about ripping paper when scraping down corner between coats.
    Great feedback thank you glad they are working for you.
    01603 787464

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

no I-beam on mine. Are you using them? Curious how they'd compare.

Does the slimline come in 3m lengths Marcus?

Thread Information