Thread: Freemans at Belmore

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes slimline available in 3m
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Ideal. Will prob order a box next week. Any word on the mudmax?

Thanks

Will get update tomorrow for you phill. 3m beads are pro rata on 2.4m just added them to site
    01603 787464

4. The Following User Says Thank You to belmoreboy For This Useful Post:

prjwebb (02-10-2014)

Getting the hang of this wallpaul's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Will get update tomorrow for you phill. 3m beads are pro rata on 2.4m just added them to site
    any chance of trying some marcus???

Thanks

Sent you a msg paul
    01603 787464

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

You got my pm Marcus?

Getting the hang of this wallpaul's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Sent you a msg paul
    replied marcus.

Thanks

tried the freemans today, found it simiular to the sheetrock tubs but a fair bit better all round. great for putting in tapes and second coating onto dry filler or jc. great though a box or by hand and seems to mentain a consistant consistacy when worked, spreads super easy. i like the arrow in terms of one day taping as it finishes on top of wet but set filler better, being slightly textured its bit better for two coating in a day but all other areas i would say the freemans out performs anything elsei have used in last 20 year.. thanks for bringing it over marcus its sure to prove a great seller for u plus will make blokes lifes even easier jointing wise at least. oh two boxes thinned a little makes up the same as one bag of jc a thumb bellow a 30lt bucket and goes far too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thomas.savage For This Useful Post:

belmoreboy (03-10-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    tried the freemans today, found it simiular to the sheetrock tubs but a fair bit better all round. great for putting in tapes and second coating onto dry filler or jc. great though a box or by hand and seems to mentain a consistant consistacy when worked, spreads super easy. i like the arrow in terms of one day taping as it finishes on top of wet but set filler better, being slightly textured its bit better for two coating in a day but all other areas i would say the freemans out performs anything elsei have used in last 20 year.. thanks for bringing it over marcus its sure to prove a great seller for u plus will make blokes lifes even easier jointing wise at least. oh two boxes thinned a little makes up the same as one bag of jc a thumb bellow a 30lt bucket and goes far too.
    Great feedback thanks
    01603 787464

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

First day running the Freemans through the bazooka today. Seems to have a lot more body to it than the smartmix or JC. I whisked it up then added a fair bit of water and mixed it down until it seemed about right. I started pumping it into the zook and thought, shit this is still too thick. It seems to really hold together. It's super smooth though and still went through fine even though it was quite thick and the angle heads glide across it lovely, left a good finish on the first flush.
    I thinned the mix down further for upstairs and even much wetter it still seems to have so much grab to it, very little mess. I have a feeling you could get away with really thinning it down for running tapes. I was always baffled by how wet the yanks say to have the compound for running tapes but can see how they do it now. The Freemans seems more 'gluey' but silky smooth and lovely to work with.
    Looking forward to boxing with it on Monday.

One cube into a smartmix bucket and thinned down to a similar consistency was only a little less than you'd get in a new bucket of smartmix, more than 3/4, but this is nicer stuff to use, half the price too. If you can keep it at this price your onto a winner Marcus!!!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Sanded out the house that I used the freemans on today. There were a few areas where I used up an old bucket of Gtec smartmix xtra in the same house.
    An interesting observation, the smartmix sands up super smooth like glass, where as the freemans has a much coarser texture even after sanding. As a result it matches the texture of the board better and I imagine it'll flash less.

It sands really nice though and the trim tex bead came up looking very sharp and clean. Developer is happy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to prjwebb For This Useful Post:

mcfc (10-10-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prjwebb View Post
    Sanded out the house that I used the freemans on today. There were a few areas where I used up an old bucket of Gtec smartmix xtra in the same house.
    An interesting observation, the smartmix sands up super smooth like glass, where as the freemans has a much coarser texture even after sanding. As a result it matches the texture of the board better and I imagine it'll flash less.

It sands really nice though and the trim tex bead came up looking very sharp and clean. Developer is happy.
    Sounds very much like arrow. I've got to put in an order with belmore soon, so I will add a box of this to my order to try as you all rate it(will have to be very good to beat arrow).The main reason I wont use bg is because its so shiny, and flashes so much especially when under critical light. Might try some of those beads as well. Nice to have some useful information on this site

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Been taping with Freemans the last couple of days solid!
    Yup it needs heaps of water in it for the gun!
    But place I taped yesterday I noticed what I thought was a blister in a tape so went to pull it off but it just ripped the tape! But I put pva in my filler when taping so that could have helped it,Not sure!
    The blister was a dodgy part in the board by the way!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    Been taping with Freemans the last couple of days solid!
    Yup it needs heaps of water in it for the gun!
    But place I taped yesterday I noticed what I thought was a blister in a tape so went to pull it off but it just ripped the tape! But I put pva in my filler when taping so that could have helped it,Not sure!
    The blister was a dodgy part in the board by the way!

Why do you add pva to your filler ?

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

2 make sure the tapes stick very well!! Just a safety measure!!

More glue in ur filler when putting on tapes the better!

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcfc View Post
    Sounds very much like arrow. I've got to put in an order with belmore soon, so I will add a box of this to my order to try as you all rate it(will have to be very good to beat arrow).The main reason I wont use bg is because its so shiny, and flashes so much especially when under critical light. Might try some of those beads as well. Nice to have some useful information on this site
    Its better than arrow and half the price!!!
    I used arrow for a couple of months but went back 2 USG!
    I have pics of beads I put on today but not loaded them yet,As I'm away out to get loaded myself lol!!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Are you using those slimline beads Beer? Joe and Marcus are working on getting us a mudset version over here
    Are you stapling or gluing or both? How far does a can of glue go? I don't like the idea of not bedding them on mud.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prjwebb View Post
    Are you using those slimline beads Beer? Joe and Marcus are working on getting us a mudset version over here
    Are you stapling or gluing or both? How far does a can of glue go? I don't like the idea of not bedding them on mud.
    Sh*t I can't get the pics 2 load!!
    I have glued them with staples and put them on with mud,My choice is mud! Can of glue does go some distance but it just annoys me until u start getting the fumes then it's a pleasure LOL!
    Cant wait for the mudset LP without the I-Beam,it should be the winner of all beads! The MS bead with the I-Beam is good as I did my dads house a couple of years ago with them and not a crack in sight! But it was just the I-Beam that p*ssed me off,Having to cut back the board!
    I will say thank u to Joe from Trim-Tex as he sent me heaps of stuff for free! And Marcus as he did look into it all and has got it all in stock except the new 1!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Yeah I have been reading through DWT and it looks like you struck gold with TT. They are mighty generous.
    Are you using the quad roller to set the bead? I'm ordering one from TapePro through SIG, but 120 without a handle...
    I mudset those slimlines when I used them last, though I did staple a couple of long lengths that were high up. Worked fine and felt solid. I'm just going to do a glue heavy mix for setting them next time to be sure.
    Are you just using PVA? I ordered Mudmax but customs don't seem to want to release it.

Looking forward to running the compound tube and external head for laying up next week, been doing it by hand for 10 years...

Fingers crossed the mudset version of the bead arrives soon!

Thanks

Great feedback on freemans again lads, keep it coming together we can really grow this! Looking at loads of new products to replace what we have had to out up with for the past century over here! Can't stock every single line of bead over here but very keen to find the perfect every day bead to satisfy the masses, working hard to get it right for uk market, keep feedback coming in and we will respond as quick as we can and make this a succes for all, have a good weekend all. Cheers
    01603 787464

Thread Information