Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 250

Thread: Freemans at Belmore

  1. #161
    Getting the hang of this wallpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    east sussex
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Default


    what grit discs are you guys finding the best for sanding freemans?
    been using 120 and finding it scratches up far too easily!

  2. #162
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    Power sander 220 at least!
    Pole I would go 180 and up!!

  3. #163
    Getting the hang of this
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CHELTENHAM
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Pole 150 to 180 machine 220 and use the variouble speed

  4. #164
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    Plenty of sample boxes available if anyone yet to try Freemans - drop me a message or call me on 01603 787464 - Cheers - Marcus
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  5. #165
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Marcus are these sample boxes smaller or is this the size it comes in.

  6. #166
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    box i sent you is our standard size - did you manage to thin it down a bit? for boxing it can be thinned down more than most ready mixes on the market
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  7. #167
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Yes Mate it boxed on lovely I had no problems with it at all, im going to sand it today so that will be the final test. Like I said in the other thread I would definitely switch to it but on house bashing rates I just cant afford to.

  8. #168
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    dillon wondertex is shit. i used it for a few years and i dont understand this idea of getting 90ltr out of two bags lol a bag of arrow mixes up to 30ltrs most bags of joint cement mix up 25ltrs. freemans 2 boxes mix up 30ltrs. so works out as if it was £15 a bag but its already mixed and saves you time. dam easy to sand too saving more time and effort. i work for £2 a meter and dont find it to be too exspensive. treat your self and try a pallet because your worth it lol. wondertex does not save you anything i really cant under stand your numbers on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Yes Mate it boxed on lovely I had no problems with it at all, im going to sand it today so that will be the final test. Like I said in the other thread I would definitely switch to it but on house bashing rates I just cant afford to.

  9. #169
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    I kid you not out of two 25kg bags of wondertex I get 3 buckets. I don't know what size my buckets are 25/30 ltr I would guess but way bigger than the buckets that Knauf ready mix comes in.

    Ps Im on £1.80sq/m


    Just to add to this because its so hard to find water on site these days as well as carrying 100ltr in the van when I can I mix my JC at home put lids on and Voila I have wondertex ready mix a poor mans alternative.
    Last edited by Dillon; 12-05-2015 at 01:55 PM.

  10. #170
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    £1.80 aint that bad a price - do you get angles on top at 50 - 75p a metre?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    I kid you not out of two 25kg bags of wondertex I get 3 buckets. I don't know what size my buckets are 25/30 ltr I would guess but way bigger than the buckets that Knauf ready mix comes in.

    Ps Im on £1.80sq/m


    Just to add to this because its so hard to find water on site these days as well as carrying 100ltr in the van when I can I mix my JC at home put lids on and Voila I have wondertex ready mix a poor mans alternative.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  11. #171
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    £1.80 aint that bad a price - do you get angles on top at 50 - 75p a metre?

    O Marcus you make me laugh NO there's NOTHING on top that's the Supply n Fix price. I even have to find my own water these days.


    12 yrs ago we were on £1.53 a meter and Wondertex JC was £7 a bag a roll of scrim was 99p and paper £1.20

    Now we get £1.80 wondertex is £12 scrim £2.20 and paper £2.95.

    So basically we are no better off than we were 12yrs ago.
    Last edited by Dillon; 13-05-2015 at 07:35 AM.

  12. #172
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    WOW that is tight - up untill 6 years ago we had a sucessfull contracting firm and paid £1.30 - £1.50 + angle labour only, i feel for you - let's hope you can get an increase on your rates soon. Fully understand you need to find materials as cheap as you can to make it work for you.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  13. #173
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    £1.80 is a joke,
    What do people want for that money?
    I priced a 340 sqm house last month at £5300 and the guy is happy!
    Then he tells me he wants downstairs all cornice so that's another £1000 whacked on his bill!
    But its not house bashing which I hated!
    I feel for u chief at that rates, Up here u will get about £2.50-£3.00 a sqm
    Shit we were getting £1.50 when I started out 20+ years ago.

  14. #174
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    What does every1 charge for either fitting cove 100mm,127mm or the cornice per mtr?
    Or supply and fix?

  15. #175
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    No Idea havnt done coving for years, All the house builders get you to tape it all then sell coving as an extra. The only bonus is that for this money you just get the house and no messing about, no bits to pick up or little extras for free just plain and simple house bashing.

  16. #176
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    No Idea havnt done coving for years, All the house builders get you to tape it all then sell coving as an extra. The only bonus is that for this money you just get the house and no messing about, no bits to pick up or little extras for free just plain and simple house bashing.
    I charge £3.50 2 fit for cove and £5 for cornice! Good money
    If supply also it goes up quite a bit!

  17. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    well done mate. publicly declaring your self to be a greedy scum bag... nice. jobs not worth more than £3 a meter at best. 5k+ for a three bed you must be a total cu@t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    £1.80 is a joke,
    What do people want for that money?
    I priced a 340 sqm house last month at £5300 and the guy is happy!
    Then he tells me he wants downstairs all cornice so that's another £1000 whacked on his bill!
    But its not house bashing which I hated!
    I feel for u chief at that rates, Up here u will get about £2.50-£3.00 a sqm
    Shit we were getting £1.50 when I started out 20+ years ago.

  18. #178
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    well done mate. publicly declaring your self to be a greedy scum bag... nice. jobs not worth more than £3 a meter at best. 5k+ for a three bed you must be a total cu@t.
    Floor area numb nutts!
    Not wall area!
    And yea I am a c*nt
    It's u that is so positive to every1 on this site so f*ck off and make ur£50-£60 an hour or get to the job centre! (Bull Sh*T)
    And don't even bother to reply as I do believe its just sh*te that u speak! Happy days lad! Live in the land off the fairys
    Savage by name savage by (well u cane the rest)
    At £2.00 a sqm meter u must b some machine!
    Granted I could pump that house out in a week if it was the only1 and drying was perfect but it doesn't work like that!
    And I use paper tape!
    Last edited by Beermonster; 13-05-2015 at 04:54 PM.

  19. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    taunton
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    umm must be just me that quotes based on 2m of walls and ceilings lol. funny but in 20 years i never once had any drywall contractor of builder ask for a price based on the floor 2m.
    never been to the job center other than to try and hire some one. why would you think i am talking shit or am away with the fairys.. what part of any thing i have ever said on here do you think is a lie lol £50-60 pound an hour is what i earn.. nothing compared to you though lol. doing a row of timber framed 3 bed 3 storys nasty slopes they are about 360 2m (wall and ceilings not the floor i dont screed) plus £40 extra for floor treads spent 6 hours in it today got 3 hours left tomorrow plus 2hours to rub... you do the math fcuktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    Floor area numb nutts!
    Not wall area!
    And yea I am a c*nt
    It's u that is so positive to every1 on this site so f*ck off and make ur£50-£60 an hour or get to the job centre! (Bull Sh*T)
    And don't even bother to reply as I do believe its just sh*te that u speak! Happy days lad! Live in the land off the fairys
    Savage by name savage by (well u cane the rest)

  20. #180
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Steady on guys We are supposed to be talking about Freemans. Sorry I mentioned poor rates its all ways a good one to get people going. Chill Boys Chil

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Belmore yellow sanding discs
    By saleen836 in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-05-2014, 04:32 PM
  2. Finance Available NOW @ Belmore Tools
    By belmoreboy in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 05:32 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-05-2011, 11:36 AM
  4. New Home For Belmore Tools
    By belmoreboy in forum Trade and industry news
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •