Thread: Second Fixing

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Default Second Fixing

All of a sudden theres a bit of a rush on and no sooner than I walk out of the door the second fixers walk in and do their best to damage every wall. Then Im expected to smile politely and sand it like its no bother at all. I do of course make sure I leave some nice big snots of bonding at the bottom of every joint making sure not to miss any corners. I figure if I cant use my sanding machine around any door or above windows because of curtain batten its the least I can do.

When will they learn it doesn't get the job done any quicker.

Thanks

Its a common problem, the pain in the arse joiner. They think the whole job revolves around them. Stacking their doors in the middle of the room- "but we'll keep them in the middle, out your way?"
    Aye right, cos I'm just going to leave the fckin ceiling eh? Pr!cks.
    Never ceases to amaze me the amount of the clowns that will board a porch then stick the skirting/facings on right away before we can tape, leaving us with an impossible task of putting an internal angle tape on when the facing is an inch away
    Oh and the old favourite, "I thought you were finished? Looks finished?" No, its another coat to get you fcking mongo why can't you see its a TEN inch box that's on it? Thick as pigsh!t they really are.

Rant over

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Wow EK I'm glad its just not me. I just took a day off, the phone was ringing at 9 "why arn't you on site" Because you second fixed my plot and now you have lost the day you thought you gained. If they cant wait till its dry at this time of year there's no hope in winter. If they second fix the last one I did then I'll take some more days off and they will get even further behind their precious schedule.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Wow EK I'm glad its just not me. I just took a day off, the phone was ringing at 9 "why arn't you on site" Because you second fixed my plot and now you have lost the day you thought you gained. If they cant wait till its dry at this time of year there's no hope in winter. If they second fix the last one I did then I'll take some more days off and they will get even further behind their precious schedule.
    I would b off!!
    Can't remember the last time i seen doors stacked in the middle of a room!!
    Let alone facings and skirtings fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just chit.

Thanks

Let pishsimmon house I done the joiner was in and had it loaded out before it was sanded, doors all stacked in the middle of the floor and the kitchen was delivered. Took great delight in telling the agent he can sand it his feckin self, had my fill of this pish. Everything is balanced in favour of brain dead ,fuckwit , inbred , bell end feckin joiners, clueless the feckin lot of them.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMC View Post
    Let pishsimmon house I done the joiner was in and had it loaded out before it was sanded, doors all stacked in the middle of the floor and the kitchen was delivered. Took great delight in telling the agent he can sand it his feckin self, had my fill of this pish. Everything is balanced in favour of brain dead ,fuckwit , inbred , bell end feckin joiners, clueless the feckin lot of them.
    I started a house yesterday,(Joiners not finished yet as it has 2 huge vaults)
    Some guy appears today(Don't no who he is) and asks joiner if the kitchen is going in on Monday to which he replys better ask the taper!
    So I say no f8ckin chance that is happening and if it does I'm walking out the door never to return,
    It was the owners son Funny he never spoke to me again.. F*ck that sh*t!!!

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Today I was just doing the internals (which I do last) and in comes the painter who say "the agent sent me down to mist coat this plot.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

I'd of told him to crack on, painters started, it's now their plot, as they are happy with the finish....... and you wouldn't have to sand that plot

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Don't work like that Brian they get to mist coat it then its snagged by the agent or his sidekick then we have to go back and sort the snags then its there's. The painters do sand the snags though.

Thread Information