Thread: Am I crazy/picky to think that water damaged ceiling can become perfect?

Thanks

Default Am I crazy/picky to think that water damaged ceiling can become perfect?

Recently bought a condo and there were some water damage in the ceiling. The ceilings were repaired by the previous owner however, the work was extremely shoddy. There were bubbling and cracks throughout the ceiling. Everything was hastily done.

I've hired a contractor to fix the ceiling. The contractor has spent considerable time attempting to fix the ceilings.

However, it just doesn't look perfect. Granted, it's in better shape than it was before. But there is still some bubbling/bump. It's more pronounced when it's dark and I look at it from an angle.

Only 1 section of the ceiling had drywall replaced. The other sections of the ceiling where the bubbling was not as severe, didn't have the drywall replaced. I think those spots were just sanded, spackled, and taped.

Am I being extremely picky/ignorant to think that a repair for the ceiling could make it look perfect? Will it always have some bubbling short of completely tearing out the whole ceiling and re-doing it?

Thanks folks.

Thanks

hi

its your house m8 if your not happy just get someone to take down all ceiling and re board and tape. not hard to do you could diy it. just buy a good board lift. its the mess thats the worsed part.

Quote Originally Posted by swy05 View Post
    Recently bought a condo and there were some water damage in the ceiling. The ceilings were repaired by the previous owner however, the work was extremely shoddy. There were bubbling and cracks throughout the ceiling. Everything was hastily done.

I've hired a contractor to fix the ceiling. The contractor has spent considerable time attempting to fix the ceilings.

However, it just doesn't look perfect. Granted, it's in better shape than it was before. But there is still some bubbling/bump. It's more pronounced when it's dark and I look at it from an angle.

Only 1 section of the ceiling had drywall replaced. The other sections of the ceiling where the bubbling was not as severe, didn't have the drywall replaced. I think those spots were just sanded, spackled, and taped.

Am I being extremely picky/ignorant to think that a repair for the ceiling could make it look perfect? Will it always have some bubbling short of completely tearing out the whole ceiling and re-doing it?

Thanks folks.

Thread Information