Hi I just finished some work where I had to make holes in my ceiling (1 23"x25" hole and 2x 4"x4" holes). I have replaced the holes with drywall (picture below). I need to patch the drywall now and have never done this before. I have read about this on several online sites and also looked at many videos. Before I get started I wanted to make sure I have the right idea in my head, am using the right material and was wondering if I can get advice on get a few questions I have.

For the 23" x 25";
I plan on following these steps:

1. Apply self adhesive tape: This is what I am using: Fiba Tape
2. Apply Joint compound with 6" taping knife. This is my joint compound. Is this okay to use this with fiberglass tape or do I need something different?
3. Let dry. Sand with 220 grit paper.
rsz_img_1673.jpgrsz_img_1674.jpgrsz_img_1676.jpgrsz_1img_1677.jpg
4. Apply second coat with 8" taping knife.
5. Dry and sand.
6. Apply last layer with 12" taping knife.
7. smooth it out.

I was wondering if Someone can answer a few questions
1. When I apply joint compound, I should be going perpendicular to the seam, not parallel correct?

2. The normal ceiling next to the joint has a heavy knock down texture on it. Do I need to sand that down to smooth it or can I just apply joint compound on it?

3. When I am done with the above, The center of the new drywall will have no joint compound and thus will be a different height. Should I add joint compound here or can I can spray the texture spray right on it and then prime and paint?

The other two are 4" x 4" patches
1. I have screwed in a 4"x 4" drywall to close these. Is it the same steps for these small patches also or can something simpler and different be done for the small patches?

Thanks for the help!