Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compound tube and bazooka combo - thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelly3a View Post
    Would a banjo to lay the tape and a tube to fill the internal for flushing be quicker and a lot cheaper? U could even fill the banjo with the tube as you don't want to buy a pump, just my opinion lol
    The best way is ... Let some other cunt do it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    working with the dry zook at the moment and got to say its a great way to work.
    worked it the normal way but finally got fed up with dry spots behind tapes,think its a clutch thing,know a few tapers who have the problem
    I use a level 5 8 inch angle box with a ribbed corner applicator with no probs,find it a lot quicker with no probs with dry spots.
    the level 5 angle box is superior to Columbia angle box which was drawing air constantly I finally binned it.

Like the the idea of using the bazooka dry would it work if I loaded the internals with fast set then dry bazooka,roll and butterfly as usual my internal just now are taking a age to dry for second pass Cheers

Thanks

If your going to do that ( Iv done it) use a combi filler/finish not a traditional filler..

Thanks

no reason it wouldnt work but wouldnt fancy finishing with the butterfly,fast set sets rock hard i think you would have a lot of torn tapes,although ive never tried it except on small patches.try what thomas says and let us know how you get on please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big g View Post
    no reason it wouldnt work but wouldnt fancy finishing with the butterfly,fast set sets rock hard i think you would have a lot of torn tapes,although ive never tried it except on small patches.try what thomas says and let us know how you get on please.
    The main issue with traditional fillers used in this way is they retard quick, moisture sucks out into the board behind and this stiffness and retarding messes up the installation of the paper tape.. Then it won't roll in right, tapes tear when you flush over etc etc ...

The combi fillers don't behave in this way ( as badly) you should be ok laying up a room at a time, but don't try and lay up a whole floor then apply tape else you will get issues ...

combi fillers like BG easi fill and sinate all set extra ( green bag)

still if you install tapes with freeman that has great ' grab' and can be 2nd coated in a day if you use good quality corner finishers ..

Flush with a 3.5 inch corner finisher when installing tape, leave for a few hours and top over with a 3 inch ( using freeman) you get perfect internals no tape showing, no shrinking or movement to sand out. So no real need to use filler, you just have to use the right compound and follow the right process.
    Last edited by thomas.savage; 02-02-2017 at 04:23 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thomas.savage For This Useful Post:

amestaper (05-02-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    The main issue with traditional fillers used in this way is they retard quick, moisture sucks out into the board behind and this stiffness and retarding messes up the installation of the paper tape.. Then it won't roll in right, tapes tear when you flush over etc etc ...

The combi fillers don't behave in this way ( as badly) you should be ok laying up a room at a time, but don't try and lay up a whole floor then apply tape else you will get issues ...

combi fillers like BG easi fill and sinate all set extra ( green bag)

still if you install tapes with freeman that has great ' grab' and can be 2nd coated in a day if you use good quality corner finishers ..

Flush with a 3.5 inch corner finisher when installing tape, leave for a few hours and top over with a 3 inch ( using freeman) you get perfect internals no tape showing, no shrinking or movement to sand out. So no real need to use filler, you just have to use the right compound and follow the right process.

Cheers lads. I'll try something next week Usually just put on tapes with bazooka, roll and butterfly with pro mix but it's taking 3 days at least to dry angled a house Tuesday morning and it's no where near ready to top coat today 👎

Thread Information