Thread: Retarded site agents and backward building practices.

Thanks

Default Retarded site agents and backward building practices.

Ok, let's have a cathartic thread where we can come to bitch about how incredibly fucking retarded the u.k housing industry is.

site managers who obviously have suffered major cranial impact injuries.. Plumbers who don't know their arse from their dicks, sparkys that get confused when you ask them to count to ten, ground workers who wank off to pictures of their own mothers twice a day (10am and 1pm), I know they all do that but... Painters that think shitting Matt on the wall is a skill..., etc etc

not forgetting boarders that don't know what the tapered edge is for?!!? Yes my lot think it's for putting against window frames to make it look, and I quote ' neater'. Oh and on pipe caseings they put it down the internal!!? That's guys who have been doing it for ten years and think they are good! They don't even know what drylining is.. Wholly fuck!

Feel free to post pictures, I will when I get such a device for work.

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Think u have covered it all!
    The bevel next to the window really p*sses me of especially when the Ingo is over 6 inches!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beermonster View Post
    Think u have covered it all!
    The bevel next to the window really p*sses me of especially when the Ingo is over 6 inches!!
    And next the door frame, recess isnt covered by architrave and you are left with bevel showing. Give any idiot a tool belt, bingo you have a boarder

Thanks

Ah, had the old" this units super important needs to be done in a day" thrown at me this week. Well get on site to cut tapes ready for Munster day tomorrow only to find said unit is full of kitchen units! Huge David Wilson 4 bed but downstairs full of units...

fuckerty bye..

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.savage View Post
    Ah, had the old" this units super important needs to be done in a day" thrown at me this week. Well get on site to cut tapes ready for Munster day tomorrow only to find said unit is full of kitchen units! Huge David Wilson 4 bed but downstairs full of units...

fuckerty bye..
    Good man. Will they never learn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Good man. Will they never learn
    I went back the next day and despite insisting they had ' nowhere for it to go' it were gone! God bless them pikey boys!

Season Ticket Holder
    Thanks

I had a good one this week, Im doing a house with one of the highest stairwells I have ever seen, big up and around affair. They have no stairwell platforms not that they would be any good so they turn a blind eye to the ladder rule. The agent comes in and im in full flight sweat dripping off and he says you don't have to wear your hard hat inside but you must wear your hi viz at all times. Yeh Right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    I had a good one this week, Im doing a house with one of the highest stairwells I have ever seen, big up and around affair. They have no stairwell platforms not that they would be any good so they turn a blind eye to the ladder rule. The agent comes in and im in full flight sweat dripping off and he says you don't have to wear your hard hat inside but you must wear your hi viz at all times. Yeh Right.
    You know a hi viz strictly speaking is only nessersary when working on or near public roads... At a stretch you wear it out side so no cunt runs you over though it will make little difference in reality.

Show him the finger, that's always hi viz.. Catches the eye...
    Last edited by thomas.savage; 19-05-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks

Reminds me of the time I got thrown off site for... Wait for it ..... Hi viz not ' new looking' enough.

Holly thunder fuck batman, we have live one.

Got bollocked because I had the wrong 'name' on the back of my hi viz ...

what.....the.....fuck.

To to top it off and by far my favourite story, working on a barrats site in street Somerset. Site agent wanted to make us all hi viz with ' team ( site name) ' written on the back. I ... Shit you...not!

Thanks

Reminds me of the time I got thrown off site for... Wait for it ..... Hi viz not ' new looking' enough.

Holly thunder fuck batman, we have live one.

Got bollocked because I had the wrong 'name' on the back of my hi viz ...

what.....the.....fuck.

To to top it off and by far my favourite story, working on a barrats site in street Somerset. Site agent wanted to make us all hi viz with ' team ( site name) ' written on the back. I ... Shit you...not!
    parking has to be my favourite cantpark there mate...cant park there mate .....cant park there mate.....fuck it know where ican park...on me fucking drive see you around ....but were desperate for this unit june completion.....? no water no scaffold and no fucking road to front door.....silly cunts....next minute im being told i got attitude problem.....the joys of being self employed dont you just love it.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    parking has to be my favourite cantpark there mate...cant park there mate .....cant park there mate.....fuck it know where ican park...on me fucking drive see you around ....but were desperate for this unit june completion.....? no water no scaffold and no fucking road to front door.....silly cunts....next minute im being told i got attitude problem.....the joys of being self employed dont you just love it.....
    You do have a attitude problem, staying and putting up with that shit is the wrong attitude son

get the 30 lt screw top water containers , though my site lost its hose ffffffuck mmmmme.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Its been on a spiral for at least 10 years now. Trades wishing to get out through age or wear and tear, no longer look to finding out about being a site agent to see them up to 60/65 anymore. No overall control and too much h and s as well as filling forms just to have a shit in the morning. People in the agents car parking space now seem to be ex "finishing foremen" or mostly fork lift drivers who have done the h and s courses. None have 20 plus years of seeing the house from trench to roof.
    Building firms are all based on bonuses to agents and contract managers. Above this it gets real money. Barretts directors get k100 plus k100 bonus. If we dont get june /christmas completions done, they dont get their bonus. Do you think these twats sit at home considering that we need 3 days to do the job properly, or 2 to get their numbers in and their bonus...?

And this is my point....

1 we are not a trade no more. We are a "stage" 6 or 7 (i think.)

2 because we are given less time to do the job how it should be done, more problems arise. Who we work for have to take that into account. Someone has to go back to pick the pieces up like shrinkage, bubbles, etc..

3 our money will struggle to go up because its dog eat dog competing for work and our prices are effectivly cut to cover all the repairs needed because we cant have enough time to do the job properly

BOTTOM LINE....WE ARE WORKING LONG HOURS, WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS TO EARN DIRECTORS, ETC.. THEIR BONUSES

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forestbhoy View Post
    Its been on a spiral for at least 10 years now. Trades wishing to get out through age or wear and tear, no longer look to finding out about being a site agent to see them up to 60/65 anymore. No overall control and too much h and s as well as filling forms just to have a shit in the morning. People in the agents car parking space now seem to be ex "finishing foremen" or mostly fork lift drivers who have done the h and s courses. None have 20 plus years of seeing the house from trench to roof.
    Building firms are all based on bonuses to agents and contract managers. Above this it gets real money. Barretts directors get k100 plus k100 bonus. If we dont get june /christmas completions done, they dont get their bonus. Do you think these twats sit at home considering that we need 3 days to do the job properly, or 2 to get their numbers in and their bonus...?

And this is my point....

1 we are not a trade no more. We are a "stage" 6 or 7 (i think.)

2 because we are given less time to do the job how it should be done, more problems arise. Who we work for have to take that into account. Someone has to go back to pick the pieces up like shrinkage, bubbles, etc..

3 our money will struggle to go up because its dog eat dog competing for work and our prices are effectivly cut to cover all the repairs needed because we cant have enough time to do the job properly

BOTTOM LINE....WE ARE WORKING LONG HOURS, WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS TO EARN DIRECTORS, ETC.. THEIR BONUSES
    there is always someone up the food chain...

Money thats in the job now is crap, 15+ years ago I was doing persimmon 4 beds on 1.60 a meter and being paid 820-920 a plot for normal sized 4 beds. Everyone was moaning about the measure not being right

fast forward 15 years

the same units or very similar @2.10 a meter are worth 820-920 ... You tell me what happened? Back then I would bash them out in 7-8 hours easy with minimal costs and to a lower standard plus material prices were a lot less as was file etc, the cost of living and prices of homes was half what it is now literally.

whats happened?

Thanks

Another day another kitchen unit, tiny two bed house. Kitchens all round the down stairs but it's ok apparently.

Fuckerty bye...

Getting the hang of this Captain perfect's Avatar
    Thanks

How can you possibly 3 coat & internal, beads on 500 odd meters in a day?

I would struggle to do 550 meters of fire tape
    Milk No Sugar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain perfect View Post
    How can you possibly 3 coat & internal, beads on 500 odd meters in a day?

I would struggle to do 550 meters of fire tape
    all by hand too, trowel, hawk, 6" knife and a tar brush for sticking in internals....

did 2 coat though, still not bad for one man.

Thanks

Did a house 5 weeks ago that had a window missing....

Skip forward 5 weeks and a chippy comes in the house I am working in and starts taking out a window...

yep you guessed it, they need to CML the house and have not sorted out the window so are playing musical Windows lol..

you could not make this shit up! Still what ever gets those persimmon directors their 100 million bonus.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

all by hand too, trowel, hawk, 6" knife and a tar brush for sticking in internals....

did 2 coat though, still not bad for one man.
    What the fuck is a tar brush??

Thread Information