Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it just me or is it getting even more quiet on the workfront

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JON RAMBO View Post
    it used to be 60p and we dont get paid for bead work either
    Is it Community Service? They're having a laugh, Jon, no one could pay those rates and keep a straight face

Thanks

Very busy at the moment not sure about next year but do have stuff in pipeline just nothing signed .

Thanks

find its coming in spurts all or nothing at the moment, manic for a couple weeks then dies off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    Is it Community Service? They're having a laugh, Jon, no one could pay those rates and keep a straight face
    I have seen a of taper on site who worked for a flat rate of 110 per day labour only, he was a hand taper and did work hard, that works out to be around the 60-70p per metre I guess, he also still got a days money if he finished at dinner time.
    "YOUR PRIUS JUST SAVED ALL THE PETROL MY MUSTANG USED!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saleen836 View Post
    I have seen a taper on site who worked for a flat rate of 110 per day labour only
    Seen guys up here doing a shift for about 50. (My comment) --->
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

I have plenty of work up to Feb/March at the moment, but enquiries are few and far between. Have taken Thursday, Friday and this weekend off, (could've worked), because I can't be arsed to drive 45 miles to and from work. Hopefully will feel differently on Monday morning.

Thanks

I have worked lined up til the end of January, but nothing else after that. even prepared to go back to the painting if needs be.

Thanks

how do u get access to vacancies forum as i may be in need of some tapers/painters in glasgow asap with poss work right up till christmas

Thanks

Send me some details by PM and I will advertise for you as the password was changed recently. Everyone with 30+ plus comments can access this area.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JON RAMBO View Post
    it used to be 60p and we dont get paid for bead work either
    who the fu*k do you work for !! bdl !!
    bet your boss dont even wear a mask when he robs you !!!
    Last edited by turktown taper; 25-10-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Busier than we have ever been, just started a big contract in Plymouth

Brian

Very little taping involved though

Thanks

Sounds like we are all in the same boat i'v just gone on price work but because my boss finds the work and surplise the materials he takes a 20% cut when i finish a house, i'v just finished off 2 flats today but i still dont no how my im going to get for them i asked my boss today and he said he didnt know (mmmmm) but i was speaking to a few of the tackers and stickers today and they said the prices were really bad and id probley be looking around 170-200 per flat which has taken me 2 days each + I'v got lumbered with my bosses labour which is completly usles and took a hole day to sand down 2 small flats, and my boss has put him on 50 a day so after havin to drive a round trip of 80mile to the job and back 15 petrol and paying the labour i a tad stuck lol but any ideas on what i should be exspecting for one 1 bed flat and a 2 bed flat? I think i might give this up after xmas and go into a 9-5 job at least it will be garenteed work and payed holiday and sickness..

Thanks

It does sound like your boss is taking the piss a bit, ask him how much a metre your on, without seeing the flats it hard but I would have thought you would be looking at a little more than double than what your getting.

Thanks

well just phoned him and yay iv got rid of his labour so im 50 a day up already lol theres another jointer that works with us when we get behind and hes in tomorrow so il ask him what hes getting, the othere jointer did say he only got 300 for an average 2 bed house on the site, I really dont think its worth sticking this job out.

Thanks

The jobs worth sticking with just maybe have word with other contractors. Dont want to patronise you but do you know how to measure the flat or house, you can work out how much a metre you on from that, take into consideration the material but a lot of the guys on here range from 2-3 a metre work out from there wether you should leave taping at Xmas or leave your boss.

Thanks

I look to hit between 300 - 500 per day regardless of plot size,finish one and start another even if it means travelling.Some days you just have to take the rough with the smooth,done a couple of soundcoats last week at 28 per wall,2 years ago i earned 45 for the same size job.We have had upto a 40% cut over the last few years.So i do more hours and can't get nowhere near what i used to earn.
    One thing you can be sure of though before i start is finding out the price,otherwise you're just asking for a let down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tredelerch Taping View Post
    I look to hit between 300 - 500 per day regardless of plot size,finish one and start another even if it means travelling.Some days you just have to take the rough with the smooth,done a couple of soundcoats last week at 28 per wall,2 years ago i earned 45 for the same size job.We have had upto a 40% cut over the last few years.So i do more hours and can't get nowhere near what i used to earn.
    One thing you can be sure of though before i start is finding out the price,otherwise you're just asking for a let down.
    who the fcuk are you wayne rooney! i think you'v hit the 000 key to many times lol

Thanks

I'm busy busy right now between site work and extensions, etc. If the extensions side of things gets much busier hopefully i can give up the site work. fingers crossed !

Thanks

we've all had/have good days, but 3-500 bucks every day?on houses?

Thanks

This week i'm doing a 3 and a 4 bedder.Started 3 bedder yesterday and finish by dinner today (680),start 4 Bedder (870) tomorrow and finish Saturday morning.Cash job Friday and Saturday afternoons.Put the hours in and don't get distracted,also keep a monotonous system going.Oh yeah forgot to mention the 3 bedder i taped on the weekend.Monday i've got 12 soundcoats at the crappy price of 28 each.
    I get up early and work all day!!

Thread Information