Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Available advertising space

Over the next 4 to 8 weeks we intend to offer advertising to members that will drive targeted traffic back to your own website, or telephone, and help us stay on top of the mounting bills for hosting and maintenance of the site.

I’ve started this thread to give forum members a heads up about the planned changes and the chance for first refusal before making advertising slots available to non members. The forum will remain freely available for use by members and guests alike.

If you’re not interested, thanks for looking and you need read no further.

The ads will run permanently on a rotating basis on all pages of the website and the planned CMS (content management system) when our forum software is upgraded next time around in the autumn. If everything goes according to plan, we should have 5 different sizes available for files that can be sent to us in simple or animated gif and jpg format. Unfortunately we've had problems with flash files not linking back to our test site properly.

Proposed sizes available are banner ads to the right of, or below, the logo at 468 x 60
    4 different sizes of side column ads at 120 x 60, 120 x 90, 120 x 120 and 120 x 600 pixels.

Up until now, we’ve decided it would be fairer that there should be three different rates. That will depend on whether you are a forum member, sole trader/small company or a much larger multinational conglomerate type tool manufacturer or material supplier.

We intend to investigate further by consulting you guys and taking comparisons from other sources on the internet that provide similar offers. Basically, the idea is that we would like to charge a fair rate and see everyone who advertises makes a reasonable return on their investment while not selling ourselves too cheaply at the same time.

We sincerely hope you see this opportunity for what it is; it’s an open invitation for site members to become potential sponsors and allow the forum the chance to expand with no financial restrictions.

Any new funding that becomes available from advertising will be reinvested back into the site meaning we can speed up any projections we have on building a new website around the forum, moving to a new super fast dedicated hosting provider, providing newsletters, adding articles, photo galleries, adding a tradesman directory for members (a trade Yellow Pages), and possibly a blog.

I think I’ve said all I can on the matter. If I haven’t already posted something as fact, it’s because we honestly don’t know the answer yet, however you are welcome to ask any questions. Please post your thoughts, and feel welcome to propose advertising costs and lengths of time you may be interested in.

We invite you to let us know if you're interested as available spaces will be on a first come first serve basis.

Senile Old Bastard the_tapeinator's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

could we pay monthly sub in advance, 3 months, 6 months or even a year and be offered incentves such as 12 months for the cost of 9 and will there be a discount on 2 or more ads?

do you like my new avitar?
    Last edited by the_tapeinator; 28-08-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: smoking puts hairs in yer chest
    Jesus loves you........ everyone else thinks you're an arsehole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

We will offer 3, 6, and (12 month spaces or the cost of 9 ) and I don't see why we wouldn't give discounts when taking 2 at the same time. What we have to be careful about is allowing any one organisation to take more because it could appear that the forum was their website, shop or business rather than our own independently managed website.

Your new avatar is good.

Thread Information