Thread: Which tools should i buy?

Thanks

Default Which tools should i buy?

Hi, Would appreciate your help - have been working with a friends tools (tapetech 25 years old) and have never used anything else but now need to buy my own set - which set of tools should i go for and for what reasons and where should i buy them. Thanks

Thanks

Tapetech is good kit, but there is nothing wrong with Northstar or Columbia. Speak to Belmore Tools and The Taping Store, they're both competitive with their prices.

Thanks

Default What tools

HI thanks for your reply i have emailed the taping store and will be talking to BELMORE soon which set would you buy if you where in the market for some

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1873 View Post
    HI thanks for your reply i have emailed the taping store and will be talking to BELMORE soon which set would you buy if you where in the market for some
    I already have all my kit. I use Columbia Fat Boy boxes with a Northstar Adjustar handle, and an Apla-Tech Canon for running my internals with Northstar corner finishers (when I can be bothered to get it all out).

Thanks

THATS SOME KIT I'LL LOOK IN TO ALL YOUR KIT NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT MIXING AND MATCHING IS YOUR KIT THE BEST PARTS OF ALL THE BRANDS THANKS AGAIN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1873 View Post
    THATS SOME KIT I'LL LOOK IN TO ALL YOUR KIT NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT MIXING AND MATCHING IS YOUR KIT THE BEST PARTS OF ALL THE BRANDS THANKS AGAIN
    I don't think there's much between the boxes in any brand. I've used Northstar and Tapetech boxes as well as mine. The Northstar handle in my opinion is by far the best, albeit quite expensive at about 200. I'm going to get myself a Tapetech Mudrunner for jobs when I can't be arsed to set up my Apla-Tech kit for internals.

Thanks

alright again you've been a great help phoned some companys and they say i should get columbia kit say it's the best priced and top gear not sure if that is because they stock lots of it or its good gear the guy seems genuine the tapetech gear i used was 25 year old and well looked after worked great this makes me think i should go for that even though it is expensive would love your opinion on what i should go for if you have time cheers

Thread Information