Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how low would you go m2 price to get a contract (PRICE WISE)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Thats crazy prices what the hells going on in the trade right now!

ps Turican_007 just realised who you are, hope things are good

Marcus
    agree, how can you run a taping business on 1 m2 when everything else has gone up in price eg materials , van insurance , public liability insurance, fuel prices , drywall taping is a hard physical game to be in , why are we selling ourselves short ,people are stating they were getting nearly 4 per m2 just 5 years ago , we have to stick to our prices

Thanks

We should all stick to our prices and our pride, but what we should and what we will probably do is another matter.

Thanks

Prices and Pride ? in fairness as just joined here and loooking thru other threads about 20% to 30% cuts from 99% of contractors, i would work for bare minimum having no major overheads or other ppl to worry about i cannot afford to think my pride is going to pay my morgage. if its enough to keep the Wolf's away from my door then you do what has to be done .. Ill Pride myself in keeping a roof over my head.

Thanks

Why would you want to let your pride and principals slip when you know for sure that some quantity surveyors and architects are continuing to charge 6.50+ per m2 during these days of supposed austerity/belt tightening and making 3 to 4 times more than you ever will without striking a blow? Thats quite a lucrative business model if you can run a site with 1000's of workers making billions in profit for shareholders dont you think?
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slip n Slide View Post
    Prices and Pride ? in fairness as just joined here and loooking thru other threads about 20% to 30% cuts from 99% of contractors, i would work for bare minimum having no major overheads or other ppl to worry about i cannot afford to think my pride is going to pay my morgage. if its enough to keep the Wolf's away from my door then you do what has to be done .. Ill Pride myself in keeping a roof over my head.
    So even if your prices were chopped midway through a contract by your employer, because they know they can you would just accept it?

Thanks

slip & slide you are the sort of guy the builders are looking for someone who will do the work for the bare minimum , you will get a lot of work,what i was trying to state was that if everyone stuck to their prices they would still have to get us in to do the work. do you think mechanics , lawyers , suppliers , insurance companies etc...... dropped their prices recently , no they have put them up , so why should we in the building trade drop our prices to what it was 10 years ago , i will tell you why , because of people like you doing the work for next to nothing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geordieboy For This Useful Post:

E.K Taper (09-11-2011),jase hag (08-11-2011)

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geordieboy View Post
    slip & slide you are the sort of guy the builders are looking for someone who will do the work for the bare minimum , you will get a lot of work,what i was trying to state was that if everyone stuck to their prices they would still have to get us in to do the work. do you think mechanics , lawyers , suppliers , insurance companies etc...... dropped their prices recently , no they have put them up , so why should we in the building trade drop our prices to what it was 10 years ago , i will tell you why , because of people like you doing the work for next to nothing.
    well said geordieboy

Thanks

Hey after a 30% crush on prices due the current state of the economy and ya have Kid on T0ol Tapers out there with a squad of 10 paying them 25 a shift and hammering the sites for < wont mention the names> who prefer production not quality working for the minimum isnt summit anyone wants to do .. but to even stay in the game long enough ya have to bite the bullet thats all ya can do .. saying no means either the above mentioned numpties and we all know a few of them or some polish outfit will just do the work . its How it is unless ya got some friendly contracts manager who ya can afford to take out to golf and maybe slip a few quid in his pockets to throw yer name in a hat .... Hey you give me someone who is gonna pay top rate and ill swap ya for the F*** Wit outfit givin us less than a 1 sq m. Like i said Wolfs dont take IOU'z

Thanks

Hey after a 30% crush on prices due the current state of the economy and ya have Kid on T0ol Tapers out there with a squad of 10 paying them 25 a shift and hammering the sites for < wont mention the names> who prefer production not quality working for the minimum isnt summit anyone wants to do .. but to even stay in the game long enough ya have to bite the bullet thats all ya can do .. saying no means either the above mentioned numpties and we all know a few of them or some polish outfit will just do the work . its How it is unless ya got some friendly contracts manager who ya can afford to take out to golf and maybe slip a few quid in his pockets to throw yer name in a hat .... Hey you give me someone who is gonna pay top rate and ill swap ya for the F*** Wit outfit givin us less than a 1 sq m. Like i said Wolfs dont take IOU'z
    slip n slide if you look at one of the other threads on here, most people on here reckon they could tape on average to 500 sq m a week ,if your getting LESS than a 1 sq m that means you are getting a top line of under 500 a week thats if your taping to the average , take your tax off that,national insurance,fuel. public liability,tools ,van depreciation,accountant etc etc in my opinion its not worth doing it for that, i employ another guy & 1sq m wouldnt even cover his wages,i would wrap it in if i had to go less than 1 sq m

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geordieboy For This Useful Post:

E.K Taper (09-11-2011)

Thanks

DMC and Geordieboy are right, dont drop your prices. I haven't dropped mine and my phone is ringing non stop, never been busier, not enough hours in the day. If you're good enough, people will pay for you, dont demean yourself by taking less.
    I realise your talking about sitework but on there, you're just a number they will pump you the same as they pump the rest

Thread Information