Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 Hr Setting compound Gyproc ProSet

Thanks

Default 8 Hr Setting compound Gyproc ProSet

I noticed in a few posts how some tapers will put setting compounds through their tools.

http://www.artexltd.com/pdf/Gyproc%20ProSet%20DL.pdf (requires adobe reader)

This product was designed specifically with that in mind. After speaking with contractors on-site about the problems they have and ways that we can overcome them. Currently being launched in Scotland.

Basically it is a setting compound, that can be used ALL day, as a filler or finish, giving you the option to run it through your pump and boxes without having the issue of running every hour to clean out before it sets. If you wanted you could use this material for every part of your taping process - Flats, nails, internals and externals. When we were doing site trials we had contractors putting it through their bazooka's because of the massive benefit of having your internals set the next day! (requires extra cleaning) Easy sand also

What do you guys think?

For more info post here
    http://www.artexltd.com/

Marc Wilson
    Technical Support Manager
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Thanks

Good idea. Is it a 'finish' the same as Easifill is a 'finish?' i.e not as smooth as joint cement.

Thanks

This could be ideal for those cold Scottish winter mornings where it sometimes takes a week to dry. Have you done site trials yet and when is it available? It sounds very similar to another product I tested recently......
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

I love easi fill

Getting the hang of this Captain perfect's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems very similar to a product we have used in France,

Allways interested in any new product BG bring out ! Rather have a few free sacks though instead of the T shirt: Hint Hint

I think it's time BG upped their game as they no longer have the Monopoly hold on the dry wall industry they once had.
    Milk No Sugar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Good idea. Is it a 'finish' the same as Easifill is a 'finish?' i.e not as smooth as joint cement.
    Hi Tony,

I would put it on par with joint cement for smoothness, but its much nicer to use, being more lightweight. But we know the guys on site or no mugs, and this is a product where we will not tell you where to use it (only advise) but at the end of the day you will choose yourself where in you system you will get the most benefit. Everyone knows hardly any two tapers have the same system and ways of doing things, so this is another option, which we have been asked for by contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by pompey jake View Post
    I love easi fill
    Yeah pompey it's good stuff, a bit under rated in Scotland to be honest, but I suppose it's job dependant.

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    This could be ideal for those cold Scottish winter mornings where it sometimes takes a week to dry. Have you done site trials yet and when is it available? It sounds very similar to another product I tested recently......
    Site trials have been ongoing for a while now. We are currently at demo stage where we can get samples out and visit your location and mix a bit up and throw it on the wall along with you. It's currently being rolled out as we speak available in Decorators Centres throughout Scotland provisionally

I'm currently off work at the mo (hopefully back on Thursday), but please PM me if your interested in trying it, and I can sort out samples and a site visit (only in Scotland for the time being)

Marc Wilson
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Thanks

8 HOUR ? AND THE POINT IS ? JUST USE EASI FILL ITS THE BEST,
    WOULD NOT PUT FILLER THROW MY BOXS ANY WAY!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedtapePRO View Post
    I'm currently off work at the mo (hopefully back on Thursday), but please PM me if your interested in trying it, and I can sort out samples and a site visit (only in Scotland for the time being)
    I would like to try it but I gave all my work away before our disastrous trip abroad. I've now got absolutely f**k all on at the moment.
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

this sounds interesting, is the product easy sand?
    I can see benefits if it was used in the altek- knauf ready mix systems if the job would warrant getting the tape tools out.
    Do you think it would work with a 10 box straight over mesh or do ya think it may shrink back to much

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

This stuff does look very interesting ! will try and do some trials this week and let you all know how i get on - Be interesting to see how well it sands
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

waht is the composition? is it pearlite based? does it have a chemical activator, or is it air dry?

Thanks

if your doing trials find out more about the sto systems. i am interested in this level coat xxl that this other fella mentioned in a different post, how much etc. and is it an acrylic compound.

cant get my head round it being very hard AND easy to sand, but i would love it to work.

also on the sstem he talks about where its level 6 does he sand back the level coat. how does it compare to usg level 5 (can we tint it)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theblones View Post
    this sounds interesting, is the product easy sand?
    I can see benefits if it was used in the altek- knauf ready mix systems if the job would warrant getting the tape tools out.
    Do you think it would work with a 10 box straight over mesh or do ya think it may shrink back to much
    theblones - Yes It's easy sand. The material was designed to work just like traditional taping methods, ie 3 boxes, but we know tapers will use materials to suit. I always recommend 3 boxes

Quote Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    waht is the composition? is it pearlite based? does it have a chemical activator, or is it air dry?
    DMS - It is a light weight chemical setting compound, but we class it as a 'hybrid' due to its 8hr working time, depending on conditions it will air dry throughout the day, but will SET in around 12 hrs, giving a full days useability. I'm off work at the moment, so don't have access to spec info sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by theblones View Post
    if your doing trials find out more about the sto systems. i am interested in this level coat xxl that this other fella mentioned in a different post, how much etc. and is it an acrylic compound.

cant get my head round it being very hard AND easy to sand, but i would love it to work.

also on the sstem he talks about where its level 6 does he sand back the level coat. how does it compare to usg level 5 (can we tint it)
    theblones - It's a product designed to be used within the hand/machine jointing systems, we have never looked at spraying application, but I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but I can't recommend what we haven't tried. I've known some guys to put weird things through their sprayers

Marc Wilson
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Thanks

How do we get hold of some of this to try? I for one am very interested in testing it.
    "YOUR PRIUS JUST SAVED ALL THE PETROL MY MUSTANG USED!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saleen836 View Post
    How do we get hold of some of this to try? I for one am very interested in testing it.
    If your based in Scotland saleen, I could see about getting some samples to you some time next week?

Marc Wilson
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Thanks

I got a letter through the door this morning from Crown informing me about their launch event in Edinburgh on March 4th. I will take you up on the offer of a sample, you know where I am Marc.

Will you be there?

Thanks

There is a good chance I will be depending on diary commitments I have, but I'll try and make an effort just for you

Marc Wilson
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedtapePRO View Post
    If your based in Scotland saleen, I could see about getting some samples to you some time next week?
    Nope sorry I'm waaaay down south!
    "YOUR PRIUS JUST SAVED ALL THE PETROL MY MUSTANG USED!"

Thanks

yeah, send us down a pallet and we can try it out for you in wales. i will try it with all the taping tools and the apla-cfs kits

20. The Following User Says Thank You to theblones For This Useful Post:

pompey jake (04-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saleen836 View Post
    Nope sorry I'm waaaay down south!
    Hopefully we can get samples to you some way. Trying to sort it as we speak

Marc Wilson
    Gyproc Tools and Artex

Thread Information