Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tapers of the world unite!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    Persimmon by any chance? was on 1 of their sites for a couple of months there and every morning the painter was getting sent back into the same houses to touch up walls here there and everywhere. Agents trying to justify their money. I always thought it was 1 metre from the wall, no visible defects, now we have agents going round rooms like spiderman, feeling the walls all over!
    Taylor Wimpey. Nightmare job for the painters, not much better for us either. Considering the prices they pay they are getting a very good job for peanuts.

Thanks

Default Hmmmmmm

ive just finished a job that was top coated & they are puting there face up to the board & looking down it & marking it up & they they go to the other end of the wall & do it again
    never going to win with these people as they have to justify there wages !!
    one word!! TOSSERS!!!

Thanks

i taped a flat many years ago, with standard 110v lights

we sanded the flat etc, too good standard

agent came in with a torch that big and bright it would have lit up the dartford tunnel.

anyway he spoted a few minor bits, said too me thts no on, i said ,well wee didnt tape rthe house with a massive bloody torch stuck too the wall, his reply get a torch, i said wit? then he said they sell them in B&Q . you know i just told him too pay me for what wee done ,and ill never do work for him again ,BQ SELL THEM ,AYERIGHT you cant win when agents are walking about wi a bloody massive torch

Thanks

20 years i have been taping and painting in new build sector and the boarding/sheeting has never been snagged on any job i have done, some contractors and builders allow 2 hours per house for pre-filling bad gaps in plasterboard which is great but some joiners/borders dont give a dam as they aren't the ones paying for it....especially as most builders employ sub-contractors. i have lost count of the amount of times i have seen painters blame tapers and tapers blame sheeters/boarders because some clerk of works has a pencil and halogen light standing nose to wall! if i am starting a new house i always check boarding before i start and point out faults to sheeter/boarder before i start, if they dont fix there mistakes then you have to inform site manager/agent again before you start...that way you are covered. i recently started using my mobile phone to photograph bad sheeting if the site agent was off site when i started. it comes down to standards in the end....if you follow a bad sheeter/boarder then you have to inform him straight away, it's better than going behind his back to the site agent as he will respect you more for approaching him first.....rant over folks.

Thanks

Hi....united brotherhood of tapers, mudheads/pigeon coupe cleaners etc....first post but been tapeing since 69.....have they brought out the kids right out of college yet just to WALK the job with their brand new boots on and their brand new hard hat just to create a punch list? Putting on their little stick on colored dots all over the wall yet? The longer the contractor keeps you out on the job the longer your money stays in their bank! Worse yet is when the dumb shits pull out an ink pen an start circleing on the wall. On a hospital which are all level 5; I actually caught a painter sanding off the touch up and painting back over it......the all time low! I had touched up in the early morning and came back in at night and found the dust on the carpet. That is how I caught the guy.....the stupintendent that I showed it to denied it....and this shit had been going on for weeks......I thought I had seen it all till this happened. For level 5 we always use scarey lights (halogen Lights) turned sideways shinning down/accross the walls to create shadows. Beat them before they beat you! I am state side but my dad is from Liverpool, so I am still trying to decipher the difference in tapeing terminology.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mudhead For This Useful Post:

amestaper (27-01-2011)

Thanks

On a job at the moment it is a part refurbishment, it is a new house about 6 years old, getting some walls moved here and there, the guy that was the site agent on it must have been blind, I have never seen filling and taping like it, some of externals look like they have just been put on edges everywhere lumps and bumps, the site agent had to be getting something from taper, I am sure you can see almost every joint, I am lost for words it is so bad, Steve

Thread Information