Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Thread: New Zealand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default New Zealand

drywallschool.com

Hi To all you tapers out there from new zealand.Been plastering for 20 years in the UK then moved to NZ 4 or 5 years ago.Everything is taped out here no skimming.Bit of a shock when i came out here as i had never done any taping in the UK.Must admit i would not go back to skimming now.
    Just wondering if taping was becoming more popular in the uk.Did not seem to be much of it about when i left.
    Anyway this looks like a really good site,hope to have some good disscussions and pick up some tips.I know we all do thing different but i reckon you are never to old to learn new tricks.
    Happy easter karl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Hiya Karl welcome to the site taping is very popular, where were you originally from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

born and bread from the black country(wolverhampton) strong of arm thick of head as they say there.
    Cant say i miss wolverhampton or the uk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Welcome to the forum Karl. Nice to see you got out in time before the building trade and the UK went all skint and pearshaped.
    Hows the work situation out there?

Youre the first member from New Zealand by the way
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Work situation has been good out here.I have been self employed for about 2 years here.We are actually turning work away at times.We are normally booked up 2 to 3 months in front.
    We have a right wing government who got in to power about 18 months ago and have really encouraged people to set up there own company's.We get a lot of help from the tax office on how to run the company employ people or just fill in tax returns.We only pay 12.5 % VAT which isn't a lot.I think this has encouraged people to carry on spending.
    We do have a huge gas,oil and petro chemical industries in NZ which has helped us ride out the recession.
    Friends back home have said the work seen over there is pretty bad.Hope it picks up for you guys this summer.

Thread Information