Thread: Stolen van and tapetech kit

Thanks

Default Stolen van and tapetech kit

I had my Van a White Vauxhall Combo EA52MDJ Stolen from Margam near Port Talbot Wales , Taylor Wimpy site between 1pm and 4pm . Totally gutted , Tapetech gold Flat boxes 8" and 10" Older style pump non quick release , Gyproc gold Automaic Taper ( Origional Tapetech) New Tapetech 2" angle head,Corner Box handles etc I was sanding at the time so basically everything else was in the van all my Taping knive trowels , snips etc . give me a call on 07875743854, If anyone gets offered it etc . Cheaky B8astrds came on to site knicked keys from plot i was in and took Van from site car park !

Just Keep your kit safe boys , i woun't wish this on anyone .

Police were useless didn't want to know just gave me an incident number for insurance and told me if the van is found blocking pulic highway i could be liable for removal costs ! Just got to wait and see what thte insurance come back to me with now . Total bloody nightmare i tell thee !

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

f*****ng thieving b*****ds hope you get them back mate,,i also leave my keys in the house where i work,,not now they`ll be staying in my pocket

Thanks

waners, Keep an eye on ebay, im gutted for you mate.

Thanks

This has happened to 2 plasterers I know. There are a lot of desperados around, so sorry to hear this sejlane

keeping eye on ebay would be a good idea.

btw. bastards is appropriate language the_legend, considering the context in which it is used.
    Last edited by amestaper; 06-05-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: i agree
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have serial numbers on taping tools - email them to me, or call me and i will keep an eye on repairs we get in !

Good tip for anyone out there its worth keeping note of serial numbers af all your taping tools kit - if no numbers on them, then engraving them is usually worth doing as it stops anyone being able to flog to any of the high street second hand stores where lots of this type of gear goes.

I have some mini grinders we use them here theay are great for engraving your kit - corded or cordless around 20 let me know if your interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks

Angry

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND !!
    they will get theres the scumbags!!,

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Default Scum of the earth

Happened to me a few years back, old style transit 2 sets of tools the lot, so I know exactly how your feeling mate.
    We weren't insured for tools and had to start again from scratch, right down to hard hats boots the lot.
    The only thing you can do is try to work your way out of it. Its very hard but theres nothing else for it!

We got a new kit and two weeks later the junkies next to our site got some neds to break into a flat we had just left 2mins before with our new kit in it and blagged the lot, they hid it under a ditch on site and luckily we found it except the 10 box. Next day the mountain bike junkie boys were down looking for their loot. We ran out with hammers and threatened to smash their skull to pieces if the box wasn't back in the next ten minutes, you should of seen the look on their shitbag faces (big thick chain wearing f**ers). Told them we would be out with my nutjob uncle (who doesn't exist) and his shotgun if said item didn't make an appearance.
    Next morning the box is returned and the kind gentleman even had the decency to ask us if we were looking for any tools, oh and how much do you pay for your ching.
    Swore from that point on if I catch someone touching any of my tools I will do time for the scum bastards.
    Hope things work out for you buddy, and remember what goes around comes around.

Thanks

Cool

those absolute utter bastards. thieves like that should have their hands cut off. the worst thing a guy can do is rob another mans tools let alone the van and everything in it.take my woman but if you take my tools i will be really pissed! its denying you your right to make a living and i think the lowest of the low.We all get offered stolen tools from time to time by scum on sites and in the pub and if people didnt buy them those assholes would stop stealing them,so dont be tempted by some guy who happened to come by a load of taping tools even though he has no job and smells. Hope they turn up for ya and you ll be back on the walls in no time!

Thanks

Thanks guys ,the van was found kit has gone . Insurance didn't cover tools either my fault going for cheper fire and cover this year due to credit crunch ( never had to claim in 15 years being fully comp , the year i drop to fire and theft van gts nicked ! ) On a slightly better note the are giving me 1000 more for the an than bought it for 3 years ago . So off tothe van auctions for me and i suppose and i'll try and scrape as much as i can for some new kit . Flaming nightmare , By the way found out a few days after that the site i was working on in margam is about 10 mins from the gypo site featured on the film Twin Towns !

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

At least thats some good news, hope everything works out for you mate.
    Got visions of you going to the auction, buying an old van and getting the A-team in to do it up and then going after the

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

would you guys pay around the 150 mark for 12 months tools insurance, may have found a deal that would include tools hept in vans as long as locked
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks

150 sounds good if it is a full kit of tools you're insuring i.e. bazooka, mudrunner, which I dont have! Boxes pump and angle finishers for me.
    Does the quote vary depending on tools?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    would you guys pay around the 150 mark for 12 months tools insurance, may have found a deal that would include tools hept in vans as long as locked

Would be bang tidy if you could back date a few weeks ; )

Thanks

More likely to be druggies than travellers. I know a lot of travellers and do business with some, and I don't think they would take a working mans tools.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    More likely to be druggies than travellers. I know a lot of travellers and do business with some, and I don't think they would take a working mans tools.

Have you popped a happy pill or sommit, travellers would nick the flame off yir lighter if it didn't burn. Just last week two pikeys banged a screwdriver in one of the boarders van locks and had it away with his hilti, a box of screws, and his pack lunch! (bullshite about the pack lunch but true about the hilti & screws).

Thanks

sorry to hear abouet your loss just had my van done last week lost fesstool sander and a few outher bits cost of a 1ooo pound to replace gutted. plus damage to aan doors. farnbourgh hampshire any info 07841476251 thanks johny b

Thread Information