Thread: best way of going in to tender?

Thanks

Question best way of going in to tender?

hi guys so what is the best way of going in to tender for work and aproaching the builder

Thanks

I dont know the best way, if I did i'd be minted. Best bet is probably to stay in work, keep leaving a good job and be noticed so people dont forget about you.

Try a friend or acquantance who can recommend you to a builder through word of mouth. Another suggestion I tried in the early 90's was to go around a few sites from 8am on the Monday morning while the Monday clubbers were still in bed nursing their weekend hangovers. You have then proved to any potential employer/contractor you are keen and may get lucky if their current workers are drunk and useless.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Like amestaper said, keep leaving a good job cos its all word of mouth in this game. get to know brickies and joiners on site as they do extensions etc too. Get some cards printed up too- vistaprint are cheap enough.
    Keep out East Kilbride though, thats my domain!!!!!!

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

If you've got 50k in the bank to start thats good for cash flow as they'll put you on 90 days then try and shaft you after that period ("we can give you 75 % of the money right now if you take a cut".... and so on ). Having funds at hand you can afford to get lawyers letters and freeze their accounts if they really piss you off.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi

if youre talking about getting to price bills of quants and having plans just sent to you automatically when jobs are at tender stage, then a poilte headed letter sent to the main contractor addressed to the quantity surveyor will work.

We have had some sucess with newer companies with sending a quick email outlining what we offer the qualifications our guys have and recent sucessfiull completed projects with value of project and bigging up if we finish before program dates. also worth mentioning you have public liability andcompany registration number and vat number if yiu have one.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thread Information