Thread: speed tape mechanical jointing course

Thanks

Default speed tape mechanical jointing course

Has any one done a 3 day jointing course, any good and if so what can you get out of it. Is it worth the doing and cost

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

I did the Lafarge course several years ago as did not know how the machines worked, how to use them ,and how to clean and maintain them.
    I found the course useful and learnt a lot, I found that the Bazooka was the hardest thing to use, and would need constant usage to become adept at using it.
    I think it cost around 200 back then, worth doing though.

Thanks

I did the BG mechanical jointing course at Erith in the mid 90's. It was meant to be a 5 day event but only 2 from a supposed 6 (me and a fellow from Southampton) turned up so we were done in 4. I paid for it myself and my recollection is that it cost about 250 at the time.

I didnt know how to operate the taping gun or strip it down beforehand so I found this course worth every penny. I probably wouldnt have had the balls to go it alone into self employment if I hadnt done this training.

I think Marcus at Belmore was offering a free course if you bought a taping kit not so long ago. I will find out for you.
    Check out Twitter @drywallforum and Facebook Taping and Jointing Drywall Forums

Your messages are really important to me
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    I did the Lafarge course several years ago as did not know how the machines worked, how to use them ,and how to clean and maintain them.
    I found the course useful and learnt a lot, I found that the Bazooka was the hardest thing to use, and would need constant usage to become adept at using it.
    I think it cost around 200 back then, worth doing though.
    Thanks brain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    I did the BG mechanical jointing course at Erith in the mid 90's. It was meant to be a 5 day event but only 2 from a supposed 6 (me and a fellow from Southampton) turned up so we were done in 4. I paid for it myself and my recollection is that it cost about 250 at the time.

I didnt know how to operate the taping gun or strip it down beforehand so I found this course worth every penny. I probably wouldnt have had the balls to go it alone into self employment if I hadnt done this training.

I think Marcus at Belmore was offering a free course if you bought a taping kit not so long ago. I will find out for you.

Thanks for your advice

Thanks

the britisg gypsum taping course in cockslake carlisle ,4 day course

i did that courese in 1983 in those days it was free as long as your company telephoned them for you,

it was a very useful course , used gun for putting tapes on walls ceilings and angles,

boxes , corner finisher etc

the last day you striped the gun , changed cutting blade ,and barrel cable , also cleaning it etc,
    was a very useful course in those days

then when you went too your 1st taping job the rep from bg would come out for 2-3 days and keep you right

changed days now ,

Thread Information