Thread: Machines or sander

Thanks

Default Machines or sander

just starting out would you invest in machine's or electric sander as i can joint by hand. just trying to find a faster way thanks for any advice

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

Neil I would go for the machines as they will speed up your taping, and earn you the money
    Get a Radius 360 and flex edge sanders

Getting the hang of this Goodmanatee's Avatar
    Thanks

Go for the whole lot. If you're going to buy all this kit in one go, I'm sure someone selling tools on this site might give you some kind of discount for such a large purchase. F**k rubbing down by hand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    Neil I would go for the machines as they will speed up your taping, and earn you the money
    Get a Radius 360 and flex edge sanders

Cheers brian

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goodmanatee View Post
    Go for the whole lot. If you're going to buy all this kit in one go, I'm sure someone selling tools on this site might give you some kind of discount for such a large purchase. F**k rubbing down by hand.

cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neilwre View Post
    just starting out would you invest in machine's or electric sander as i can joint by hand. just trying to find a faster way thanks for any advice

The slowest (and most mind numbing) part of hand taping is putting on the internals so i would go down that route,not the cheapest tool but you gotta start somewhere. Remember this is a buyers market at the moment so make hay while the sun shines.. Beat that dealer into giving you a Gooood price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turrican_007 View Post
    The slowest (and most mind numbing) part of hand taping is putting on the internals so i would go down that route,not the cheapest tool but you gotta start somewhere. Remember this is a buyers market at the moment so make hay while the sun shines.. Beat that dealer into giving you a Gooood price.
    cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turrican_007 View Post
    jeez thats a big stick stop i might start to enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neilwre View Post
    hi if your looking to get started doing internals you have a few choices,
    a bazooka, pump and noozle which is the must expensive way to go but you can add on to it later ie flat boxes,nail spotter
    better than ever tools also make tools to do internals useing a tube with attactments for different jobs they also do a neat tool that goes into the mud bucket and puts mud onto the paper tape as you pull it through, these are much cheaper than a bazooka set

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Sander is a definate mate- it's a nasty dusty unsatisfying job if you have to do it all without machine.

Regarding Automatic taping tools, if youre good with hawk and trowel or mud pan and blade you could live with out flatboxes.

Taper or internal finishing tools are becoming an essential as most new houses are going away from coving and going for the flush smooth line finish.

Im happy to be beaten down , but go easy on me !! (were all finding it tough!! even the dealers!)
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to belmoreboy For This Useful Post:

neilwre (22-05-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Sander is a definate mate- it's a nasty dusty unsatisfying job if you have to do it all without machine.

Regarding Automatic taping tools, if youre good with hawk and trowel or mud pan and blade you could live with out flatboxes.

Taper or internal finishing tools are becoming an essential as most new houses are going away from coving and going for the flush smooth line finish.

Im happy to be beaten down , but go easy on me !! (were all finding it tough!! even the dealers!)
    What sort of price does the electric sander come in at? I know they aint cheap, but can anyone say how much they actually cost, including sundries? I would love to get one as our young sander has been caught onsite without his cscs card- passed the test but never bothered sendind for his card- so he is out the picture for now. Bloody nightmare , I aint sanded a house for 2 years! Tough going back to it I tell ya

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    What sort of price does the electric sander come in at? I know they aint cheap, but can anyone say how much they actually cost, including sundries? I would love to get one as our young sander has been caught onsite without his cscs card- passed the test but never bothered sendind for his card- so he is out the picture for now. Bloody nightmare , I aint sanded a house for 2 years! Tough going back to it I tell ya
    That sanding is a complete nightmare. In the process of buying one seems to be some good deals online. Had a foreign lad for ages and he would sand concrete for ya if you asked him-i actually caught him sanding with a cigarette in his mouth a few times and had to tell him to sit down-he actually liked it. I forgot how painful it is and trust me you wont be long remembering it when that fine deadly dust is falling on your head and clogging up your lungs.Machine takes the hard work out,are cleaner and safer for your health why didnt i buy one years ago when i was mad busy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happytaper View Post
    That sanding is a complete nightmare. In the process of buying one seems to be some good deals online. Had a foreign lad for ages and he would sand concrete for ya if you asked him-i actually caught him sanding with a cigarette in his mouth a few times and had to tell him to sit down-he actually liked it. I forgot how painful it is and trust me you wont be long remembering it when that fine deadly dust is falling on your head and clogging up your lungs.Machine takes the hard work out,are cleaner and safer for your health why didnt i buy one years ago when i was mad busy
    Ive seen a bloke smoking while sanding,and this is no bullshite he cut a small hole in his dustmask for the fag to poke through.

Thread Information