Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best tools for doing paper tape internals

Thanks

Default Best tools for doing paper tape internals

Hi there I was looking at the better than ever tools, they look really good.Would like some advice off u guys I currently roll my corners with a corner roller then roll it then flush off by hand Is there a better way to do this? What about for doing the flats? Apart from the pump & boxes..

Thanks

I use the better than ever tools for the internals and et on well with them, but I am a hand jointer I expext there are better corner stuff out there but after doing the internals by hand for over 25 years I really love them

Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Thanks

If you haven't got an internal box and pump, the BTE system is the way to go, and it's cheap, flushing by hand is too time consuming.
    As for the flats, it's either Hawk and Trowel or Pan and Knives.

Thanks

What BTE tools do you use for internals?

Thanks

I now use the machines, but started with BTE
    BTE internal tools, Mud tube, in which ever size you feel you need, 3 ft is the usual one, a 90 mud applicator, a 3" flusher head and pole, and a 2" combi flusher to second coat.

Tip I found was to take the little triangular peice off the centre of the combi flusher to leave just the hole, allows you to use the mud thicker and not spray it all over the wall

Thanks

I use the BTE system for internals,bit messy for the Taper but its a good system,fast and a good finish IMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    I now use the machines, but started with BTE
    BTE internal tools, Mud tube, in which ever size you feel you need, 3 ft is the usual one, a 90 mud applicator, a 3" flusher head and pole, and a 2" combi flusher to second coat.

Tip I found was to take the little triangular peice off the centre of the combi flusher to leave just the hole, allows you to use the mud thicker and not spray it all over the wall

Think im going to get myself a set of those

A 90 mud applicator...whats this? Is that for putting the ames in the corners? Is the 3" one best for bedding n flushing tapes off for 1st coat then the 2" for the finish coat?

Wheres the cheapest place to get BTE tools?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Think im going to get myself a set of those

A 90 mud applicator...whats this? Is that for putting the ames in the corners? Is the 3" one best for bedding n flushing tapes off for 1st coat then the 2" for the finish coat?

Wheres the cheapest place to get BTE tools?

Should of wrote 90 degree mud applicator http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatal...tor_Heads.html
    Yes it puts the mud in the corner ready to bed the paper on.
    I have found that the 3" first and 2" second, that way you don't pick up any grit off the first coat and put grit streaks in the finish coat.
    I also bed the tapes in with a roller, the BTE system says you only need to use the flusher, but I feel you get a better finish, but that might just be me.

As for the cheapest place to buy, follow the link above and harrass Marcus (Belmoreboy on here)

Watch all the BTE vids for a better understanding of the system

Thanks

If you are thinking of using the syringe thingy the red diamond inside applicator is IMO the better tool

Thanks

I am same as you picasso, corner roller then clean off by hand. Bought a bazooka off ebay a few years back but its been so long since I'd last used one that it took me an age to angle a 4bed house. Ebayed it the following week! I also have The Corner Former which is a white plastic 90deree angle tool. It fits onto the angle finisher handle and its ok for flushing the angles but it tends to take a long time for your velvet to dry as it leaves more stuff on.
    So I'm back to cleaning off by hand but if theres a quicker way, I'm willing to give it a go
    good luck

Thanks

I use the combo flusher for wiping out just got to muck about with the corners.

Thanks

Best set for internals is surely a bazzuca, corner roller and a angle head. The fastest and easiest way by far. The quickest hand taper will never keep up with someone who can use a autotaper. Well worth persevering with it.
    Last edited by christaper22; 25-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christaper22 View Post
    Best set for internals is surely a bazzuca, corner roller and a angle head. The fastest and easiest way by far. The quickest hand taper will never keep up with someone who can use a autotaper. Well worth persevering with it.
    Yeah I realise the bazooka cant be beat when you can use it properly, I just not got the patience to persevere and try to pick up speed thru time. That large 4bedder I used the bazooka on took me almost 5 hours to angle!!
    Almost double the time it would have taken to do it with the corner roller.
    So the bazooka aint for me, I resent shelling out for something thats gonna put me in a foul mood cos I cant do it fast enough!
    So if you can use it, good luck to ya, I think I might try the BTE range
    happy angling

Thanks

If you go for the BTE tools keep some water around to dip the flushers in, makes them slide a bit easier

15. The Following User Says Thank You to crack filler For This Useful Post:

E.K Taper (25-05-2010)

Thanks

Agree 100%.
    Yes does take time to learn, but the payback is massive, so unless your planning to pack up taping within the few years i would learn to use a bazooka,roller,angle head in fact all the tapetech tools. Then watch the come rolling in.....

Thanks

It didnt even take me that long to learn, i worked with someone for 18months. Used every tool except the taper. (That was his holding point). Then thought this is enough of earning someone else money. Hired my self a whole set of tools. Took about a 2 months to learn the taper. Can internal a big 4 bed in less than 3 hours. Meet some hand tapers the other day took them longer to do the same house with two of them. Its a no brainer. Still see people killing themselfs with a pole sander just dont understand it. The tools are there to make life easier and to earn more money.

Thanks

It didnt even take me that long to learn, i worked with someone for 18months. Used every tool except the taper. (That was his holding point). Then thought this is enough of earning someone else money. Hired my self a whole set of tools. Took about a 2 months to learn the taper. Can internal a big 4 bed in less than 3 hours. Meet some hand tapers the other day took them longer to do the same house with two of them. Its a no brainer. Still see people killing themselfs with a pole sander just dont understand it. The tools are there to make life easier and to earn more money.
    I would love to ditch the pole sander but sites I been on dont supply generators to plug the porter cable sander into , so I would have to carry one in my van and I aint got the room!
    Bigger van is the answer I suppose
    Last edited by E.K Taper; 27-05-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: cos

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Better than ever are good intermediate tools, mainly designed for shopfitters & contractors who aren't taping all the time. getting a flusher for your internals into the mix will definitely speed things up. we also do a rowl plow which comes as a roller and flusher combination. As far as the flats go there is no real option other than knife/trowel or flatboxes. I would highly reccomend going for a northstar set of some description (whether it is a full set or a combination of the better than ever tools and the boxes) if you have enough work in front of you a full set of tools will pay for themselves within 6 weeks, and after that you will be doubling your money. In that light is false economy to go with anything else. However if money is tight we can certainly tailor you a package that suits your needs best, and then as you earn more money we can build the set to the optimum

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks

bucket.jpgbrush.jpgscraper.jpginternal float.jpghawk.jpg simples =] a bucket to mix in..... thin the filler down then a 4" brush to slap the filler into the internal corners then put paper tapes on with hands then use scraper to remove the excess then skim over with internal float using the hawk to hold the filler =] simples then a sponge to clean off your tools hehe

Season Ticket Holder scottishlad2k10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    I would love to ditch the pole sander but sites I been on dont supply generators to plug the porter cable sander into , so I would have to carry one in my van and I aint got the room!
    Bigger van is the answer I suppose

or a small trailer

Thread Information