Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 'ello fellas,just joined

just a quick hello to all my fellow muck spreaders been a T and J 15 years now( mostly in London) and currently in Sweden trying to ames out a living.Looking forward to joining in the debates and conflab on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Welcome to the forum Brian. How long does it take you to save up for a beer in Sweden?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts

How do Brian, how long have you been over there?
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Welcome to the forum Brian. How long does it take you to save up for a beer in Sweden?
    haha takes about 45linear meters of angle bead for a pint of guinness here everythings expensive ..got to do an extra room a day just to keep myself in deoderants! u ever been over here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amestaper View Post
    How do Brian, how long have you been over there?
    been about 10 months now..u have to have qualification papers from the painters union over here in order to get work so going through the process at the mo. here is sweden the t and jointing is done by the painters so u have to prove u can cover both trades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    haha takes about 45linear meters of angle bead for a pint of guinness here everythings expensive ..got to do an extra room a day just to keep myself in deoderants! u ever been over here?
    Hi Brian welcome to the forum. I know its an expensive place but surely the taping prices will be more than we're getting here? Can't imagine you're working for 1.50 a m2 then going out for a 6 pint!
    Been to Gothenburg a couple o times, nice place. They speak better English than me though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i left London 10 months ago i was on a job in canary wharf and getting 1.20 m2 for walls from a firm who were paying 2.50 a year before that so things are getting ridiculously tight at home. Here you get 25 krona per m2 (about 2.50) but you have to joint the walls and put up lining paper and 2 coats of emulsion for that price!!! but their standard of jointing is crap cos they always cover the drywall in heavy paper. they use a sprayer to spray the drywall joints and also spray spackle the hard wall. gone are the 'name your price' days when jointers were thin on the ground...now with so much foreign labour in london youre lucky to get anything ..if u cant beat em join em!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    when i left London 10 months ago i was on a job in canary wharf and getting 1.20 m2 for walls from a firm who were paying 2.50 a year before that so things are getting ridiculously tight at home. Here you get 25 krona per m2 (about 2.50) but you have to joint the walls and put up lining paper and 2 coats of emulsion for that price!!! but their standard of jointing is crap cos they always cover the drywall in heavy paper. they use a sprayer to spray the drywall joints and also spray spackle the hard wall. gone are the 'name your price' days when jointers were thin on the ground...now with so much foreign labour in london youre lucky to get anything ..if u cant beat em join em!!
    Never been mate but always fancies the Scandinavian countries, mainly because of the blonde women. Don't know how you can work for margarine though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Never been mate but always fancies the Scandinavian countries, mainly because of the blonde women. Don't know how you can work for margarine though.
    It will spread further then the British , ello Brian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turrican_007 View Post
    It will spread further then the British , ello Brian.
    hi turrican..for sure Tony..ya cant put a better bit of butter on ya knife than a blonde swedish gurl thats for sure...thats why i'm over here...i moved in with one!

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Brian

Are there any shops in Sweeden selling taping tools - even hand tools ? or do you get mot of your gear from paint shops etc?
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Brian

Are there any shops in Sweeden selling taping tools - even hand tools ? or do you get mot of your gear from paint shops etc?
    theres a few but they dont use auto taping tools much at all here-they mostly spray the joints then wipe them down with spackling knives. as the jointing done by the painters most of the knives can be bought here. I tape with a trowel, hawk and 6 inch knife...all Marshalltown which u just cant get here so I like to order my tools from home..England!!

Thread Information