Thread: Renting

Thanks

Default Renting

I have all of my own tolls apart from the bazooka and all are needing a service. I just wondered if it was worth selling mine and just renting cos the rental company should just replace if any problems. Can you rent an electric sander cos i have a flex 110v and worry everytime i go to turn it on just incase it doesnt start. How much would the rent be for tools?

Thanks for your help

Thanks

Speedy rent sanders for 63 a day / 21 extra day and 105 a week ex of VAT
    http://www.speedyhire.com/Tools-&-Eq...p-1-10-24-277/
    In my opinion these a bit too expensive if you happen to use one regularly
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

I suggest you get your sander serviced and treat the rest of your tools to some new seals and blades etc. Ok, it might cost you a couple hundred pounds, but thats probably only a month or sos rental for all new kit. A few minutes a day spent looking after your tools and they'll serve you well, and cost you nowt.

Thanks

I have all my own tools except a box handle, which I rent from Artex, for around 3 a month. A full kit hire costs around 150 a month. Electric sander hire is , I think, 125 a month with a hefty 250 deposit.
    These were the prices when I last checked them out for myself last year.
    Best phone them to order blades etc to service your current kit as it will save you in the long run

www.speedtape.co.uk
    Artex Rawlplug 01159 405066
    Last edited by E.K Taper; 21-06-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added link

Thanks

Thanks for your replys, im not really got the knowledge to service me tools so will ave to find somewhere that will service them

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Rental cost is very reasonable, where it becomes an issue is the deposit - very high almost better off purchasing new !

Will find the rates and let you know - another thing to be a bit wary of - you get charged for breakages that are classed as damage?? which could end up costing you more than purchasing new as your deposit would be dipped into to repair any 'damage'

Also need to make sure you insure to the full replacement value of the machine as if it were new. which will cost a fair bit.

try to run a comparison on here next couple of days
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gregors-07 View Post
    I have all of my own tolls apart from the bazooka and all are needing a service. I just wondered if it was worth selling mine and just renting cos the rental company should just replace if any problems. Can you rent an electric sander cos i have a flex 110v and worry everytime i go to turn it on just incase it doesnt start. How much would the rent be for tools?

Thanks for your help
    wouldnt rent a sander mate,, for the price of your deposit and a years rent you could buy two sanders,theres plenty companies that`ll fix your tools,i use belmore tools if i cant fix it myself,thers also artex and dry lining suplies,,as far as renting a taping set you can pick them up for as little as 2000 for a full set that again is still less than a deposit and a years rental,bear in mind if a set of rental tools get stolen you will have to pay full whack nearly 4000...

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

generally on the cost of renting taping tools worked out over a period of a year and a half, you are paying as much as purchasing a set new. Based on that technically (not suggesting this) you could just throw out your old tools and buy new ones every two years and still be ahead. Most brands will run trouble free for the first 2 years with only blades needing replacing. you can then get them serviced for under 200.00 (generally only the anglehead and taper) and run trouble free for another 2 years. if you work it out over 4 years you will generaly be paying over 4,000.00 for a set of tools that generally is not in the prime of its life at the beginnig which means you wuill be constantly losing time to get the worn out pieces of your kit replaced. I definitely recomend purchase over rental.

Thread Information