Thread: No-Coat 325 12 bucks a box

Thanks

Default No-Coat 325 12 bucks a box

To my surprise this morning my regular merchants had this stocked instead of the usual BG 33 metre rolls. Where have you been all my life?

If there are no complaints from the client or painters then I'm already a convert.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

That is a mistake. Buy it all up before they realise. Marcus was the cheapest I could get it and that was about 29 + vat.

Thanks

There giving it away,fill your van when you can

Thanks

Had to change the name of this post since I checked my invoice.

I got it for 12 ex VAT. This must be some promotion they have running as they have pricematched the old BG corner tape exactly. Maybe I will fill her up tomorrow morning
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Tonys right

Mistake, sort of - BG had to quarantine a container of std flex tape due to problem with the metal - due to back orders from suppliers they let us all have some tape for same price ! that has now stopped and i never got a chance to stock up with it at the cheap price!
    So grab it while you can as price will shoot back to what it should be very soon
    Last edited by belmoreboy; 28-06-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thanks

I will empty the shelves and ask if they have any more in the warehouse first thing in the morning.

Thanks

I'll take some off you if your garage isn't big enough.

Thanks

They are far lighter than I expected so could maybe carry 10 boxes without falling over. I will grab as much as I can tomorrow and run out the door without paying.

Will let you know of any spare stock once Ive done. PM me your number.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

That is an amazing price for no-coat! it is excellent gear. where are you getting it, I have a couple customers up your way that have been importing it from the states and would love to get hold of it at that price!

Thanks

Lol ! Where is your supplier based, Alex? I am working in Dunfermline but at that price I would make a detour on the way home!

Thanks

I bought the last 12 boxes and dont think they are re-stocking at that price. Sorry.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Tonys right

Mistake, sort of - BG had to quarantine a container of std flex tape due to problem with the metal - due to back orders from suppliers they let us all have some tape for same price ! that has now stopped and i never got a chance to stock up with it at the cheap price!
    So grab it while you can as price will shoot back to what it should be very soon
    slap me if this seems a stupid question marcuss is the straightfex the same idea as no coat then???,looks the same to me..on your website it says 100` for 18 unless i`m reading it wrong that would be way cheaper than no coat,, and the electric pole sander at the end of the video why dont you stock them?or are they pssh..
    Last edited by the_legend; 17-08-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_legend View Post
    slap me if this seems a stupid question marcuss is the straightfex the same idea as no coat then???,looks the same to me..on your website it says 100` for 18 unless i`m reading it wrong that would be way cheaper than no coat,, and the electric pole sander at the end of the video why dont you stock them?or are they pssh..
    Straitflex is F****ing awful stuff. The plastic is really springy, and won't stay where you want it to. And the edges curl up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

the_legend (18-08-2010)

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Straitflex is F****ing awful stuff. The plastic is really springy, and won't stay where you want it to. And the edges curl up.
    Cheers mate kinda thought it was pssh for that cash compared to 34bucks a box no coat , ,happy new van looks very smart in black,fing murder to keep a dark coloured van clean doing this job,rather you than Me.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

No need for a slap Legend !! let me explain the differences apart from the fact that Tony hates it!

Strait flex is about 50 mm wide - no cot is 3.25 inches wide (about 100 mm) hence the name 'no coat 325'

strait flex is made of composite (plastic) with paper feel face - it is uniform in its thickness, has centre crease, can be used on internals externals, but not through taper as it's too thick - will add a certain ammount of reinforcement to an external corner and is a much better alternative to traditional uk flex or metal beads, its ideally suited for off angles & slopes etc.

Now the No coat is a different cookie! its used for exactlty the same purpose, but it is composite made with full paper face, the big bonus is that it is tapered from nose edge to wing, this is why it takes its name as when you coat it you struggle to overload the edge as the taper wont actually let you !! With this your ames dries quicker as its thinner but not too thin to be a problem. clever stuff really ! and the witdh of the bead allows for a stornger bond to the board and hopefully prevent cracking from movement - although this cant be completly avaoidable with any product.

There are circumstances where you will be unable to use the product on tight or samll angles etc, this is whee the strait flex or usg beads would suit better.

Would say that they both have there own place on the jobsite and anything is better than traditional flex or metal bead for a finish to be proud of.

The USG B1w is also pretty smart bit of kit - preformed 90 degree and seriously strong - as Tony pointed out as a usg bead user the paper face has protective layer preventing major burring of the paper - leaving a really crisp finish ready for paint.

All this = happy builder and fingers crossed higher prices for the best tapers in the uk!!
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belmoreboy For This Useful Post:

amestaper (17-08-2010),the_legend (18-08-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_legend View Post
    Cheers mate kinda thought it was pssh for that cash compared to 34bucks a box no coat , ,happy new van looks very smart in black,fing murder to keep a dark coloured van clean doing this job,rather you than Me.
    Thanks. Friday is V-Day. Been out back rinsing off the Caddy this evening. Black is impossible, but looks smart as... when it's clean.

I was going to try to explain the differences like Marcus just has, but gave up. I have just used up the last of my 3 rolls of Straitflex on an extension I finished today. It is a nice sharp corner, but it's hard work to stop the ends lifting. I find it needs cutting back at a 45 degree angle at adjoining corners to get bang on. Like Marcus says, horses for courses.

Thread Information