Thread: Bits not finished!

Thanks

Default Bits not finished!

So I'm taping a house and there is a few bits that was not boarded, these being- bay window (5 angles,1 flat joint, 2 short internals) a boxing in the kitchen (1 angle,2 long and 2 short internals) and a rip of p/board missing from the ceiling approx 2-3" wide, the house had been stood waiting to be taped for 4 days before I started, today the patcher arrives with the supervisor (bosses son) to board all the bits, I was appling the final coat and had around an hours work left by time all the bits were finished, the superv then says to me "are you going to tape them?" my reply was yes if I'm getting paid extra as i'm done in an hour and for me to stay and tape the bits will take me around 3 hours extra (waiting for filler to dry etc), this is where it became a little heated as he said but your being paid for the house so you have to do it, I replied correct but the bits should have been ready for me, to tie in with rest of house will cost me around 30mins tops but on their own it's about 3 hours, again he said but your being paid the full house! to this I replied, fine measure it up and deduct it from the price! he walked out in a huff.
    "YOUR PRIUS JUST SAVED ALL THE PETROL MY MUSTANG USED!"

Thanks

You wont be the only taper on this site that has had this done to him by some smug joiner who thinks hes done you a favour at 2.30 on a Friday afternoon.

If you say you have a busy schedule and make them wait 2 or 3 weeks because you have another job to see they usually have the next one ready for you.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Stop moaning and thank your lucky stars you're in work. If you'd come and helped me out like I asked, you'd have none of this hassle.

Thanks

Happens to all of us at some point.

Was back in a house today doing some out of sequence work, it was to tape a hall (door,2 windows and an arch and the internals) cupboard off the hall (2 flats and the internals) bay window in the living room (4 windows,2 uprights and the internals) breakfast bar in the kitchen (2 metals,1 flat and 2 internals) the site agent came up with an instruction for 1 hours work, didnt know if i should laugh or cry. He actually thought he was being fare FFS !!!!

Thanks

I have this so much. Agents just dont understand. Its that "cant you just nip in there and put a coat on it, wont take you 2 seconds". They always get the same reply from me. it involves the words "Off", " Please", "F**K", "Just"

Thanks

I hear this one alot "The kitchen fitter is coming tomorrow can you tape the kitchen first".

Doing bits that are missing for free just seems to be part of the job now. There are plenty of tapers out of work willing to take your job if you tell you wont do it.

Thanks

Part of the job unfortunately, you just have to take it on the chin and don't do anything silly like jack for the sake of a few quid. Theres plenty out there that would slip your boots on.

Thanks

takes all the good out of it really.why cant they just have everything boarded when you come.you could add in a few hours on the bill but they prob wont pay in anyway.gotta take the bad with the good...

Thanks

"can you just" those three little words have cost me a fortune over the years

Thread Information