Thread: pricing

Thanks

Default pricing

What is best prices for taping ceilings? -- got a good sized job but not too sure if price is ok ( job in glasgow )

Thanks

Hello Gerry and welcome to the forum. Before your question can be answered, a little more information is required.
    1. How high are the ceilings?
    2. What level of finish is required?
    3. Is the boarding to an acceptable standard?
    4. Are you a taper, a contractor, or the customer, just checking to see if you are being given a competitive price before you try to hammer the rate down?

BTW, an introduction would have been nice. There is a section for that.

Thanks

Default pricing

Hi,thanks for your reply-- I am a main contractor/site manager and I want to pay the taper a rate of about£ 1.20 per m2 for taping /filling ceilings at 2500 from floor ,there is good lighting and clear access and all materials are supplied.
    Quality of boards is excellent and finish is to accept paint so should be fairly smooth/flat.There are no internal /corner tapes required.
    I joined the forum to try and get a clearer idea for a fair price as it has been some time since I have had to price this particular element of the works, I have no desire to hammer the price down but don't want to exceed my budget either and with an eye on future work I am keen to give the client value for money
    Your advice will be very welcome.
    Gerry.
    Last edited by gerryg; 12-07-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: missed out some answers from first reply.

Thanks

bet lad s will be beating your door down for them rates . family s still need feeding you know .

Thanks

Good luck with trying to get a decent taper for £1.20. If there were hundreds of metres, then you might get someone for £1.60-£1.70, but chances are you'll have to pay £2+

Thanks

Default pricing

Thanks Tony, as I said I am well out of touch with this and that is why I asked for advice. ( just didn't realise how far out I was ) I will adjust my price to take onboard your advice.
    Thanks for your help.
    Gerry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
    Hi,thanks for your reply-- I am a main contractor/site manager and I want to pay the taper a rate of about£ 1.20 per m2 for taping /filling ceilings at 2500 from floor ,there is good lighting and clear access and all materials are supplied.
    Quality of boards is excellent and finish is to accept paint so should be fairly smooth/flat.There are no internal /corner tapes required.
    I joined the forum to try and get a clearer idea for a fair price as it has been some time since I have had to price this particular element of the works, I have no desire to hammer the price down but don't want to exceed my budget either and with an eye on future work I am keen to give the client value for money
    Your advice will be very welcome.
    Gerry.
    I thought slavery had been abolished.

Tonys spot on with the prices,

Thanks

Thanks for comment, if you read my latest post you will see that I am trying to get just this kind of info and will be pleased to hear any advice to ensure that a fair price for both sides is agreed on.

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Hi Gerry, I'm from near Glasgow and although things are bad right now, I think you will struggle to get a guy in for those rates. There are firms who do pay that but in new builds were the measure is bumped up by the walls. We used to get £1.70m2 for a one coat fire tape on ceilings, one visit, one tape, job done.
    Would you get a plasterer to skim a 4x5 bedroom ceiling for £24
    Best of luck

Thanks

Hi Gerry, welcome to the forum. I'm also near Glasgow and agree with the rest of the lads, that you should be looking above the £2 mark. No internal angles helps right enough, but for £1.20 your phone aint gonna ring.
    You came to the right place for advice though so I hope you get something sorted out.
    cheers

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
    Thanks Tony, as I said I am well out of touch with this and that is why I asked for advice. ( just didn't realise how far out I was ) I will adjust my price to take onboard your advice.
    Thanks for your help.
    Gerry.
    Yeh sure you will!!,,,I bet a taper gave you a price of 1.20and you thought you will try and get the poor c*nt to do it for 90pence and he should be happy he's getting THAT..

Thread Information