Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Default Have you ever fired a customer?

Interested to know if anyone has ever fired a customer from hell? Examples could be constant nit picking and changes to plan, impossible to please, imaginary deadlines, late payments and clients that will always hammer down your price.

Did you drop them or go out your way to keep them happy?

If you have already let a client go, were you brutally honest with your reasons, did you sugarcoat the facts or decide not to answer their phone calls?
    Last edited by amestaper; 25-07-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo errors
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I have only ever had enough of one customer.

him and his wife would make changes to the specs and timetable on a daily basis, i would spend most of Friday trying to get hold of them to get a cheque,they thought nothing of calling me in the evenings/weekends to complain about the slightest little thing. In the end (after a large cheque cleared) i told them exactly what i thought of them and i wasnt doing any more work from them. After several calls/emails they finally got the message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I've lost count of the customers i've ditched. I don't tolerate incompetence and won't work for someone if I think they are a c**t. Had one a few months ago where the boarding was shocking (posted the pics on here somewhere). I taped what I could, told him to get a plasterer to do the rest, and never went back to do the coving after the " labourer plasterer" cocked up the un-jointable walls.

I ditched one site where parking was an issue, and I kept being disturbed during the day to move my van because it was in the sales office carpark, plus they kept painting the walls where I had to cove even though I always told them not to.

I'm just about to fall out with another customer who is late paying, but not until he's paid me. I think he knows that i'm not going to do anymore for him though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

On a job today wher they discovered that a partion wall in the kitchen was out by 100mm,they stripped the wall, moved it to the right place, then let the kitchen fitters fit the kitchen as i was cleaning up the agent asked if i would re-tape it tomorrow and he will give me a couple of hrs for it, lets just say the second word of my reply was 'OFF'

Getting the hang of this
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMC View Post
    On a job today wher they discovered that a partion wall in the kitchen was out by 100mm,they stripped the wall, moved it to the right place, then let the kitchen fitters fit the kitchen as i was cleaning up the agent asked if i would re-tape it tomorrow and he will give me a couple of hrs for it, lets just say the second word of my reply was 'OFF'
    I hope the first word wasn't "trousers"

Thread Information