Thread: Pricing work

Thanks

Default Pricing work

Ive recently been offered a job. 2 Story dorma 3bed 2 ensuite. Dot and dab, tape and seal. Ive not measured up yet but i know roughly if i just taped the same size house through the company i work for it would be worth around 900-1000 with sealer.

Im thinking if im doing it for myself 12-1300 is a fair price. Also it may involved doing the upsatirs complete first then dropping back to do the downstairs. Dont ask me why, If i did the whole house as one it would be 4 days work where as in two halfs its going to be 6 visits. So i reakon 14-1500 in this case. Do these prices seem fair?

Also on the dabbing side i will be getting someone else to do it but i have to supply board and bonding. What percentage do i need to allow for waste and very roughly how many boards does one bag of bonding stick.

Prices ive been quoted for board 12.5 2.4 is 3.88 and bonding 3.81 does this sound cheap enough?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Chris, I dont know about the dot dab prices, but if you can tape and seal same size house on site for around 1k then I'm sure for your own job you could double it. Remember you need to supply materials and even if you intend to blag them off site, your customer doesnt know that.
    Good luck

Thanks

Maybe im thinking too low then. Dont want to go to silly and not get the job. But i suppose they dont come up often so its got to be a good earner.

Thanks

If your making money then thats all that matters, get the boarder to give you a price for supplying the board,bonding and labour,then put a wee drink on it for yourself + the taping money and it could be a good little earner.

Thanks

Theres a few pricing help sections in here Chris. One has a post by Beermonster who measures the sq.metreage of the floor, up and downstair, and prices it at between 10 and 15 per sq.metre depending on how difficult the job is. Try it out, and you'll get a better idea of how your price stands.
    Its in a section titled Pricing Jobs

Thanks

Well its alot bigger than i thought there is 404m2 downstairs alone so thats gonna be 1200 for downstairs. that formula works quite well the ceiling size is 92m2 so x that by 14 and you get 1288. so i used the same formula for upsairs because its a dorma and the plans i have arent that detailed floor m2 is 100 so thats going to be 1400

so around 2600 just to tape and seal. plus 130ish sheets of dot and dab.

Thanks

And im sure my mate whos dad its for said something about a plasterer dabbing and skimming the whole lot for 3k. He can have the job for that price.

Thanks

I thought the price of 2600 you came up with sounded ok. Did you get the job or did the cheap plasterer take it ?

Thread Information