Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: USG Paper Faced Drywall Corner Beads

  1. #1
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default USG Paper Faced Drywall Corner Beads


    USG Paper Faced Drywall Corner Beads

    Ok due to the major problems recently with certain brands of corner tapes (you know who you are!)

    We are glad to be able to offer the USG B1W Paper faced corner beads.

    Few features of the bead listed below:

    Installs faster than bare metal
    bead.

    Offers high-quality straight !
    lines for interior architectural

    Durable paper facing reduces
    paint-and-compound chipping.

    Its on the Belmore site so take a look have offer on full box quantities with next working day delivery to Zone 1 UK

    Obviously there is cheaper flex available, but if you're same as us you're probably fed up of the garbage available on the market today !

    Let me know what you think - cheers

    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatal...2.438m___.html
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  2. #2
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    I love them, I love them, I love them.

    Me and USG B1W sitting in a tree,
    K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

    Getting mine at Encon at the mo Marcus. 57 for 50x 8'. 67 for 50x10' Plus vat that is.
    Just about to try the one that does splays.

  3. #3
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    I wrote my last post before looking at your link. Spooky price coincidence!

  4. #4
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    Cheers Tony

    Good to know my pricing is about right! (although im including delivery !)

    Let me know how you get on with splay bead - is it the B1 Beaded flex or B2 OS Offset?
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  5. #5
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belmoreboy View Post
    Cheers Tony

    Good to know my pricing is about right! (although im including delivery !)

    Let me know how you get on with splay bead - is it the B1 Beaded flex or B2 OS Offset?
    The B1 Beaded Flex. Got it but not used it yet. 83 a box of 50x10'

  6. #6
    Honorary Forum First Aid Guy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 137 Times in 110 Posts

    Default

    Are these that good to use then Tony, and only 2 coat finish?

    What do you put them on with, joint cement, fast set?
    Obviously not for your normal house bashing, but for customers paying a proper rate.

    I like the look of them, would the corner roller for flex do, or do you need a different one.

  7. #7
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    Are these that good to use then Tony, and only 2 coat finish?

    What do you put them on with, joint cement, fast set?
    Obviously not for your normal house bashing, but for customers paying a proper rate.

    I like the look of them, would the corner roller for flex do, or do you need a different one.
    You can put them on with filler, easifill or cement. If i'm using cement, i'll usually leave them for a bit once installed, just for the gear to go off sufficiently before overcoating. They will finish in 2 coats. I do one easifill and one cement. The outer corner is wax coated and doesn't fur up on sanding, but I don't sand right to the corner with the machine, I always use a block on the very corner. Get Micheal from USG to send you a sample, or just get a box, you won't be disappointed. The corner roller I use has quite long nylon rollers, although the normal short one would probably work ok.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

    Brian S (15-08-2010)

  9. #8
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default Beaded Flex

    Took some pics today of the beaded flex. Used it through the hopper with BG Quicksand to apply it. There is a braided rope which is the hinge between the metal strips. It is really sturdy and finishes great.
    By the time all the beads were installed, I could go back and start coating them up. Used one coat of Joint Filller and one coat of Quicksand to finish. If you fix them with Easifill or joint cement, you can coat them up as you go, but I like to get them on, clean down, and get the hopper washed out quickly when using setting compounds. Once the excess material is wiped down, I gently sponge off the wax coated external so there are no nibs to remove before the next coat is applied.

    Beaded Flex stuck with cement and wiped down.


    Waxy coating prevents furring up when sanding.


    Inside showing rope hinge.


    Roof light detail.

    This works out at appx 55p a metre which is a good 25p more than standard flex but it's worth every penny.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

    belmoreboy (20-09-2010)

  11. #9
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

  12. #10
    Getting the hang of this 2buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    london ,Ontario,canada
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Default b1u

    find most guys over here prefer B1U's over B1W's ,B1w"s have one side of the steel wider than the other,while the B1U's the metal is equal in size....no thinking .plus compound tube with bead applicator way faster than a bead box,I'd say 4 to 1 ratio in speed.(less walking for one) no need to wipe when using roller either,just scrape excess off,or use a wet sponge mop on a handle,roller acts as your wiping knife .

  13. #11
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2buck View Post
    find most guys over here prefer B1U's over B1W's ,B1w"s have one side of the steel wider than the other,while the B1U's the metal is equal in size....no thinking .plus compound tube with bead applicator way faster than a bead box,I'd say 4 to 1 ratio in speed.(less walking for one) no need to wipe when using roller either,just scrape excess off,or use a wet sponge mop on a handle,roller acts as your wiping knife .
    The last box of B1 had equal size metal. I use a roller and still wipe clean after, but i'm a fussy f***er. I did try an external mud applicator on my Apla-Tech Canon a few yrs ago with tape on beads, but it put excess material on the angles which was too messy in my eyes. The hopper put on just the required amount. You would need to change the mudhead for splayed angles or butter up by hand too.

  14. #12
    Getting the hang of this 2buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    london ,Ontario,canada
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    The last box of B1 had equal size metal. I use a roller and still wipe clean after, but i'm a fussy f***er. I did try an external mud applicator on my Apla-Tech Canon a few yrs ago with tape on beads, but it put excess material on the angles which was too messy in my eyes. The hopper put on just the required amount. You would need to change the mudhead for splayed angles or butter up by hand too.
    try next time with a compound tube,just way too much walking with a mud box,I compare the mud box to a slop bucket ,messy,and always having to go back to your mud supply,tube mud supply always at hand,you cut your bead,set it beside where it goes,pump ,roll,wipe,continue forward,mud box is walking back and forth all the time,tube one tenth of the walking,plus high horizontals easy to do,not handling a bead (12" 3.2 meter)thats flopping all over the place

  15. #13
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2buck View Post
    try next time with a compound tube,just way too much walking with a mud box,I compare the mud box to a slop bucket ,messy,and always having to go back to your mud supply,tube mud supply always at hand,you cut your bead,set it beside where it goes,pump ,roll,wipe,continue forward,mud box is walking back and forth all the time,tube one tenth of the walking,plus high horizontals easy to do,not handling a bead (12" 3.2 meter)thats flopping all over the place
    Each to their own 2buck. If you search the forum, you will see my less than complimentary opinin on the compound tubes. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than use one.

  16. #14
    Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    National Tools & Materials Supplier
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    nice pics tony that beaded flex looks really nice finish ! glad to see you are working for people who appreciate quality over penny pinching and cheap crappy material
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

    Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

  17. #15
    Getting the hang of this 2buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    london ,Ontario,canada
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    don't get what the rope is for,plz explain,I'm not a hack,30 years experience ,own every type of tool except slop buckets.throwing in a pic to show I'm not a newbie.here's a house that had 450 sticks of bullnose bead
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #16
    Getting the hang of this Goodmanatee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stotfold, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2buck View Post
    don't get what the rope is for,plz explain,I'm not a hack,30 years experience ,own every type of tool except slop buckets.throwing in a pic to show I'm not a newbie.here's a house that had 450 sticks of bullnose bead
    I think it works like a hinge. So can be used on splayed angles and normal angles.

  19. #17
    Regular Member crack filler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    plymouth uk
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 78 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    really nice work there 2buck

  20. #18
    VIP TonyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 187 Times in 160 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2buck View Post
    don't get what the rope is for,plz explain,I'm not a hack,30 years experience ,own every type of tool except slop buckets.throwing in a pic to show I'm not a newbie.here's a house that had 450 sticks of bullnose bead
    That's a lot of bead mate. We don't see a lot of bullnose over here. I can only speculate that the rope is for reinforcement of the gap between the 2 strips of metal. Maybe one of the USG forum members can add their 2 penneth.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paper or metal corner bead?
    By amestaper in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23-09-2011, 04:03 PM
  2. USG Corner Beads
    By USG in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
  3. B&Q paper drywall tape.
    By TonyM in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-03-2011, 07:17 PM
  4. External beads
    By Captain perfect in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-08-2010, 02:05 PM
  5. drywall corner bead hopper
    By dryliner8 in forum Taping tools and materials
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 09:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •