Thread: festool sander

Thanks

Default festool sander

Hi I have a festool sander which is great but it digs into the joints i use the normal pad with 120 sand paper any one had the same problem

Thanks

Speak to Marcus about the new backing pad Festool developed. It should sort out the problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

jim the taper (22-08-2010)

Thanks

I had the same problem when i first got the festool but it was due to the backing pad not having enough padding i think so i got the newer backing pad they bought out not long after, never had the problem then. I also find it better using 150 grit pads, shouldn't get any problems with digging in then or leavig any marks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mik mpd For This Useful Post:

jim the taper (22-08-2010)

Thanks

where do you get this pad from and the 150 grit i know belmore sell the grit but not sure if its compatable with festool

Thanks

you can buy the backing pad from either Belmore, Walls and ceilings or directly from the festool website, same goes for the range of pads aswell

Getting the hang of this Captain perfect's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I an sure you need the ''Festool'' soft backing pad

About 300 from any good festool STEALER
    Milk No Sugar.

Thanks

I think they're 90 from the robbing festool dealers, belmore have some in clearance but im not sure they are the right ones, best checking with them.
    When i first bought mine i remember there were alot of complaints about the backing pad not been soft enough and tearing up the boards so festool issued the new softer pad free of charge when they finally got hold of them!! not sure if they still do this, would be worth ringing belmore they're on the ball with this sort of thing and may be able to point you in the right direction if not get you the pad at a decent price!!

Getting the hang of this Captain perfect's Avatar
    Thanks

We have several bits of Festool kit & it is all very well designed & thought out.

But boy do they like to charge for it. And they do seem to run a price fixing cartel as none of the dealers will openly offer a discount.

Would one of our friendly in house tool suppliers [who I bought a sander off] like to comment on
    Festool's price fixing?
    Milk No Sugar.

Season Ticket Holder belmoreboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi all sorry mised this post, yeah they did issue soft pads to replace most of the sanders we sold.

Jim did you get the sander from us? if you did im sure i can sort one for you.

if not i can almost definatly discount accessories for you best i can do for the soft pad is 68 + the vat better than the 90 list price but still stupoidly expensive.

I can offer discount on any of the accessories to any forum member - but keep it hush !

They are top notch sander with the soft pad and even the backing pad attached to the soft backer last about 10 x norton or power pad.

Im always prepared to put a deal together on any tools we sell (not all stealers are the same !)

Regarding the grit - you can use festools grit or any of the other brands - as mentioned we had manufactured our own discs smaller in diameter so the effecteve dust collection area is increased around the the head area.

With the festool you can dchange suction from the centre or the outer edge, so will save you stck of money over the well known branded discs - most of the forum memebers using our discs find them good qulaity and value.
    The Uk's No 1 Drylining & Plastering Tool Store
    01603 787464
    http://www.belmoretools.co.uk
    Skype - Facebook - Twitter - Blogger = belmoretools

Check Out http://www.SheetrockDirect.com Buy Sheetrock Products Online !

Thread Information