Visit Belmore Tools online shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Default Online scams and fraud

I had 2 phishing emails this week from the Abbey bank. Really phishy, seeing as I don't have a bank account with them.
    Last edited by amestaper; 24-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Anyone want $10.5 million USD?

Abidjan, Cte d'Ivoire
    West Africa.
    E-mail: ***

CONFIDENTIAL AND URGENT ATTENTION

Dear One,

I know that this letter may or may not come to you as surprise,but after much considerations i decide to write to you.

I am Moris Dumpe a Sierra Leonean.I am the son of Mr Joseph Dumpe and a former student of the federal university of Freetown Sierra Leone,my Father Mr Joseph Dumpe was the former finance minister of Sierra Leone In the cause of the war which is presently going on in my country. He was accused by Tejan Kabba's President of Sierra Leone of embezzlement and supporting the rebel leader For the day Sankoh's group for fighting against his government.

Two weeks later he was assassinated with three of our family members including my mother by unknown assassins on their way home on the 22nd of febuary 2006,in few days before his assassination he disclosed to me about a deposit he made with prime bank in Abidjan for a life time investment purpose. After his death i went in his private safe and took the documents concerning the deposit and made my way to Abidjan with my junior sister Roseline Dumpe to avoid the reoccurrance of what happen to my parents.

Presently i am in Abidjan with my junior sister as refugees under the help of peace keeping force and we don't intend to go back to our country although the situation seems to return normal some-how now. Then going through the documents i understand that the money was deposited in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan the sum of US$10.5M (Ten million five hundred united state dollars) Now, having succeeded in locating the area where the money was deposited.

I am soliciting for your assistance, to act as my father's bussiness partner since I and my sister are the only beneficiaries of this deposited funds. So help me to up-lift this money to your account where we would invest it in any lucrative business in your country with you acting as my investment broker and partner.

I am awaiting anxiously to hear from you as your involvement and modalities of this transaction will be carefully discussed in our next correspondence.
    I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To provide a bank account in which this money would be transferred to.
    (2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am 23years old.
    (3) To make arrangement for us to come over to your country to further our education and to secure a resident permit in your country.
    (4)Finally to sign the release bond with the bank as my father`s partner as soon as i made the changing of ownership to your name as the beneficiary to allow you sign the release bond.

Yours Faithfully one.

Moris dumpe.

NB:Please threat this as highly Yours faithfully confidential Attention and with mutual understanding.

An address in West Africa, email address in Japan. Yeah, Moris just Dumpe your crap in my inbox anytime you like pal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I used to get them all the time on my old email address. What I did, was fill the form in with false email addresses and passwords.
    My favourite answers to banking scammers were these.

Username - Jesus
    Password - urascammer
    Mothers name - Mary
    Fathers name - Joseph
    Name of first school - Nazareth Infants
    Email - ifuckedyourmum [at] yourhouse.com
    Secret question - Are you getting pissed off yet?
    Answer - I would be!

If I got emails from Nigeria, I replied telling them that I was a witch, and that I had cast a spell on them and their whole family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reply-To: nels.akufo [at] blahblahblah.com
    Subject: From Nelson Akufo
    Date: 22 Apr 2009 10:19:45 -0000

Attention:

RE: TRANSFER OF (US$48,223,000. 00) (FORTY EIGHT MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE THOUSAND U.S DOLLAR)

I feel quite safe dealing with you in this important business having gone through your remarkable profile on the internet. Though, this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest medium of communication. However, this correspondence is unofficial and private, and it should be treated as such. At first I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk and trouble free to both parties.

My name is Mr. Nelson Akufo, I work as the operational manager in account management section in charge of credit and foreign bills of one of the International commercial Bank (ICB) in Republic of Ghana. On a routine inspection I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a Balance Of S$48,223,000.00 (Forty eight million two hundred and twenty three thousand U.S dollar). On further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has died long ago with his family on a fatal Auto-accident leaving no beneficiary to the account and no other person knows about this account.

I am in close contact with the manager of the bank here who is my partner and he is willing to approve the transfer to any reliable and trustworthy foreigner with foreign bank account because the former operator of the a/c is a foreigner and from Australia in particular. I am certainly sure that he has no written or oral WILL attached to the account, no beneficiary and nobody will come again for the claim of this money. It is only a foreigner who can claim this money with legal claims to the account holder which I will provide to you if you are interested, therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction.

The difference in country of origins is not a hindrance to the success of this transaction. This money will remain useless in this dormant account if I did not transfer the fund out to a foreign account.

I will provide the necessary information and documents needed in order to claim this money. I only need your cooperation as a foreigner to provide your safe bank account information for the transfer. All arrangement that will ensure a smooth transfer of the fund to the account which you are to nominate is already in place. You should also provide me with your direct phone lines for easy communication. I wish for utmost confidentiality in handling this transaction.

At the conclusion of this transaction, your share will be 40% of the total transfer sum, 55% for me and my partner while 5% will be set aside for any expenses both parties might incur during the process of the transfer. The fund will be transferred to your account in two parts. I will first transfer USD20 Million to your account. I will fly over to meet you after the successful transfer for sharing according to the agreed percentages.

I will have the remaining balance of USD28, 223 Million transferred to your account only after the successful sharing of the first transfer without any disappointment from your side.

Let me hear from you URGENTLY.

Best Regards,
    Mr. Nelson Akufo

Should I ask him to spilt it 50/50?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

We had a right good giggle at Tony's post, sorry guys, but I had to remove the email links from both ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My money went to Nigeria and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information