Thread: Jacked before i'd even unloaded the van today

Thanks

Default Jacked before i'd even unloaded the van today

Had an enquiry from a major south west housebuilder last week to do approx 700 mtrs of coving over 8 flats and communal areas, as their normal bloke had gone on holiday and dropped them in the shit and the job has to be finished this week. Was told that the flats etc were all taped and ready to go. Agreed a good rate and was due to start this morning. I picked up 8 boxes of cove to do me today and ordered a load for delivery to site this morning for the rest of the week. Got there at half seven today and every flat has boards missing, or walls not boarded. 2 flats had no windows. Communals were still in block work. Kitchens were fitted and wall units were the cove depth down from the ceiling so there was no way I was getting my arms in there to fit cove. To add to that, there was crap everywhere and the top flats were 3m high. Site agent arrived at 8, by which time I knew I wasn't staying. He insisted that all the drylining would be done but there was no way it would be. I told him that I only had this week and then I had to be somewhere else and that I wasn't prepared to start something I couldn't finish, and told him i'm off. I now remember why I gave up house bashing.

Thanks

I cant believe someone had a worse day than I did. I stand corrected
    I sympathise with you mate and have no comment
    Your messages are really important to us
    ...but not important enough to employ a sufficient number of support staff to answer them.

Thanks

Only lost half a day luckily as I dropped the coving back to my merchants, picked up some sculptured cove and popped off to my 'hospital' job.

Thanks

these problems are still all too common on new housing sites, Tony! Pity, it should have been a straight forward job if they run the site properly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E.K Taper View Post
    these problems are still all too common on new housing sites, Tony! Pity, it should have been a straight forward job if they run the site properly
    If it was ready like they said and I had a clear run, I could've earned 1400 this week.

Thanks

This type of story is still far to common,wonder when contractors will learn.

Thanks

The whole job has to be finished by Friday. I really hope they don't do it and get nailed with a penalty. I can actually see them getting the tapers to internal the ceiling edge instead of coving it.

Thanks

idiots some guys never learn. At least you didnt take the tools out of the van. Sounds like you did the right thing by doing a runner, still would have been a nice weeks wage!

Thread Information