PDA

View Full Version : Asbestos Training

Brian S
08-04-2011, 05:09 PM
We have just recently had to do an Asbestos Awareness Course, mainly because one of the Companies we do work for are asking for every bit of "Elf an Safety" paper work going.

Anyone else had to do this?

It shouldn't (famous last words) affect Tapers, but Painters it seems are well up the list for getting Asbestosis.
So I would imagine the A.A.C. will be the next big thing coming to a site near you shortly.

The list is getting longer all the time of neccessary tests, cards, gloves, googles, and all the other crap.

How did we all manage to survive and come out alive all these years without all this B*&^%$*t

Edit just noticed I spelt Training wrong in the title

amestaper
08-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Ive came across asbestos sheets twice over the last month. Theres a lot of it in restorations and refurbs.

*Title is sorted Brian. :)

TonyM
08-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I had to do one before I could work at UWE in Bristol a while back. Come to think of it, they never sent me my completion certificate. It's scary stuff.

Brian S
08-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks Alex:fing02:
On the Refurb theme, if the job involves more than a certain amount of man hours, can't remember the figure, but very very low.
Then the job has to have what was a type 3 survey, now called a refurb survey, which locates all or any Asbestos and if it has to be removed or not.

Very scary nasty stuff indeed, I wonder how many people have come across it in the past and and removed or worked with it and not known about it.