PDA

View Full Version : Decorators caulk

TonyM
23-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Emulsion doesn't like it. The manufacturers put too much silicone in it.

amestaper
25-10-2011, 06:40 PM
And theres me thinking it was totally water based? Silicon is one substance I hate working with.

scottishlad2k10
27-10-2011, 06:26 PM
And theres me thinking it was totally water based? Silicon is one substance I hate working with.

agreed..... silicone is crap to work with. but i didn`t think there was silicone in waterbased painters mate? certainley not the stuff we use anyway :S or it wouldnt clean off with water

scottishlad2k10
27-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Emulsion doesn't like it. The manufacturers put too much silicone in it.

how come tony? what painters mate you been using? we`ve come across a few that are crap to use and that the emulsion dosnt like. mainly the cheaper brands.

TonyM
27-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I bought some Rabarts own and some Dow corning, and the emulsion separated on both brands.

scottishlad2k10
27-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I bought some Rabarts own and some Dow corning, and the emulsion separated on both brands.

never heard of it tony. we used to use pollyfilla but it takes too long to set of and some were like poor batches pretty watery stuff. changed to this trade stuff in yellow and white tubes its alot thicker better made and dries faster never had problems with it. but cant remember the name of it bigger than standard tubes il find out for you tomorrow. havnt had paint flaking off the caulk before have witnessed cracking due to someone applying too much in one go rather than going over the gap twice.

is the rabarts and dow expencive or cheap stuff?

jessica222
08-09-2017, 07:24 AM
I agree! The emulsion has low drying rate at high humidity. It's also expensive than the oil based paint. So for me, emulsion paint a big no!

Minimud
10-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Den braven anti crack is my most reliable.