PDA

View Full Version : OSAT Assessors in the South West

TonyM
19-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Are there any?
Looks like i'm going to have to bend over and get one of those CSCS cards.

amestaper
19-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I did mine in the same building where they do the driving theory tests? Has there been a change of rules?

TonyM
19-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Got a job coming up where I'm pretty sure they will want to see one. My first one for taping expired and i'm pretty sure a general operatives card won't do, so will need to get the one with the NVQ on the back. Some robbing barsts are charging 1200 for this. If you look at the jobsites on the internet, most vacancies want people with 'trade specific' CSCS cards.

amestaper
19-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Theres an industry building around these cards. There was a post recently,and I'm sure one of the members said he couldn't tape with a painters cscs card. This was a bare bones multiple choice basic health and safety test when I took mine. They would fcuking whistle for 1200 from me.

E.K Taper
19-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I have a painter + decorator card, but no one bothers to ask on site why. Think it may have been Dillon who needed a specific Taper's card.
Tony, do you have apprenticeship papers for your plastering or taping? If so, then they'll do, just photocopy them and send them in with your application. No need for an NVQ. You'll still have to sit the daft test though..

TonyM
19-02-2013, 09:07 PM
No papers for either of them i'm afraid.

jase hag
20-02-2013, 06:26 AM
Just applied to do nvq test,waiting for them to reply with price.

Dillon
20-02-2013, 05:39 PM
It was me but they didnt want a specific card the problem was I had my original card and a re test pass certificate and the agent wasnt happy, he said it wasnt valid, CITB said it was. In the end I had to pay to get a new card. Its all Bullshit IMO.

DMC
20-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Was inducted onto a Laing o'rourke site today. No cscs card no work, that simple. A few guys had there number but no card, they werent even inducted. There really enforcing it, lot of BS in my opinion but they have us by the short and curlies.

Dillon
20-02-2013, 08:21 PM
This is where its all wrong, If you go on any industrial job you hav to have it, they make you wear helmets boots glasses and gloves ALL the time and are realy strict, then on the other side you go house bashing and its only in force when your walking arround outside. Double standards.

amestaper
20-02-2013, 10:01 PM
My mate who has just passed his HGV test in his quest to leave the building trade was informed today that he needs to get another one to drive a truck onto a site. So much for a clean break then?

E.K Taper
20-02-2013, 10:28 PM
When the gangsters set fire to the timber kits do you think the firemen would be asked for their cscs cards before they were allowed on site.......................

TonyM
20-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Jase was quoted 700 today for OSAT for NVQ2 Taping.

E.K Taper
20-02-2013, 11:52 PM
700 is an absolute scandal IMO. Bet the Poles don't have to pay that:mad:

amestaper
21-02-2013, 08:09 AM
When the gangsters set fire to the timber kits do you think the firemen would be asked for their cscs cards before they were allowed on site.......................

Ex builder now fireman says to site agent: "I'm sorry sir, none of us have done a site induction, necessary paperwork, or have any CSCS cards. We do have safety boots and hard hats though, can we bake our potatoes in your lovely bonfire?"

DMC
21-02-2013, 05:12 PM
On the laing o'rourke site today, gloves,goggles the full boona. Strictly enforced, couple of wee tight areas high up,the agent comes out with ' Work the weekend and catch it off a ladder ' Kin priceless.

Dillon
21-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I once lost a job to a bunch of Lithuainians (spell) who did it for a third of my price, they also did it at a week end because the site safty officer didnt work week ends and they had no scissor lift licences. I lost nearly 5k on that one area, having all ready done all the shit work on that job loosing that one area was the last straw and I jacked.

forestbhoy
21-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Jase was quoted 700 today for OSAT for NVQ2 Taping.

Off the top of my head,to renew it was about 40 quid. We were told though,that to let it run out would be about 800 , so that sounds about right im afraid. :mad:

scottishlad2k10
11-03-2013, 09:52 PM
It was me but they didnt want a specific card the problem was I had my original card and a re test pass certificate and the agent wasnt happy, he said it wasnt valid, CITB said it was. In the end I had to pay to get a new card. Its all Bullshit IMO.

citb are nothing but a joke they are just money grabbers dont give a shit about apprentices aslong as they get their money throw us in shitey digs(accomidation) with stupid curfews 10pm during the week and 12.30 at weekends think i stayed in my digs 3 nights out of the 30 days at college even then the food was pathetic! landlady and her husband boozing every night we got caught with a carryout the cow phoned citb they threw us out of the digs and what not citb gave us shit ever since never had anything to do with the citb :) better off without them!

scottishlad2k10
11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Got a job coming up where I'm pretty sure they will want to see one. My first one for taping expired and i'm pretty sure a general operatives card won't do, so will need to get the one with the NVQ on the back. Some robbing barsts are charging 1200 for this. If you look at the jobsites on the internet, most vacancies want people with 'trade specific' CSCS cards.

yeah tony everyone wants cscs where i am boss paid though but im sure you get grants to pay it also? isit the cscs that lasts 2 years? i cant remember done mine last year but there is different levels management and all that too hmm

E.K Taper
11-03-2013, 10:12 PM
CSCS cards last you 5 years mate

E.K Taper
11-03-2013, 10:18 PM
landlady and her husband boozing every night we got caught with a carryout the cow phoned citb they threw us out of the digs
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgaai9Me1xUuOyisi7EndrznvRD-9qE_V3ItkyVEjkDd_1L86X

scottishlad2k10
12-03-2013, 07:02 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgaai9Me1xUuOyisi7EndrznvRD-9qE_V3ItkyVEjkDd_1L86X

LOL! what expires every 2 years then? hmm.......

Dillon
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
a pass certificate without the card so basically its 25 retest every 2yrs or a 30 card for 5yrs. But then a lot of sites wont except the pass certifficate unless it is accompanied by the card. all very confusing

scottishlad2k10
12-03-2013, 09:06 PM
a pass certificate without the card so basically its 25 retest every 2yrs or a 30 card for 5yrs. But then a lot of sites wont except the pass certifficate unless it is accompanied by the card. all very confusing

ah i rememberd now! its like my forklift and telescopic forklift tickets! unless you pay 1000 to have someone watch you operate for 40 hours then you only have a baisic operators card thats only valid for 2 years!

all a con nothing but money grabbers! its all "no cscs no job" on signs on sites here now