PDA

View Full Version : Sanding by hand to soon be banned?

Kenya get over this
29-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Hearing from a few different people that the big builders (Persimmon/Wimpey/Bovis) are looking to bring in a dust evasion policy. Basically means no sanding to be done with a pole sander and must be hoover attached sander only.

Not many people still sand by hand I would of thought, and it's fair to say this policy has been expected to come in for a few years.

You just know the day will come when the sander breaks down through half a house and they ask if you can finish by sanding pole and dust mask :D

E.K Taper
29-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Barratt don't allow the pole sander, but make an exception if your machine DOES break down half way thru, they'll let you finish by hand (oooh matron!)
Although I sanded one with the pole today:shhh: no one came near.
Persimmon are bringing it in too , and to be honest its not before time. Sanding with the idiot stick is bogging:nono:

DMC
30-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Taylor Wimpey, Charles Church , Pishsimmon etc all want houses sanded by machine now. Not before time, the days of looking like casper are well over.

moore
12-08-2013, 01:23 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

TonyM
14-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Jase & I have just started a school for Bam and the first thing they asked us was how we would be sanding down. We told the agent that the only bits we hand sand would be any fiddly bits where the sander can't get to and he was happy with that.

Dillon
15-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Sanding is like machine taping a great advantage but it wont do it all. We still need the trowel and hand ssnder