PDA

View Full Version : Face-Fit Masks

E.K Taper
27-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Anyone had to get one of these things yet? These will be compulsory on sites in the near future. On a David Wilson Homes site just now and they have arranged for the face fit guy to come out and face fit their workers, so I'm gonna try and blag my way on their course although if I'm Sussed then I'll probably need to pay. Anyone know of the costs involved?

amestaper
27-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I bought 3 of these years ago when we used pole sanders but found we knackered out really quickly especially doing ceilings as we couldnt catch a breath with them on. We made the ugly taper keep his on and chucked the other 2 right back in the van. If you already use a electric sander with vacuum surely this isnt necessary?

E.K Taper
27-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Yes but we've to use it when mixing gear and also for rough sanding too (between coats)
you know what H+S are like, if someone farts they want you to wear a mask. Gloves in case you cut your hands, and safety glasses for dust, we'll all be walking about like spacemen:D

amestaper
27-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I know what those H&S folks havent thought of yet. Why not tell all operatives on site they must use an oxygen tank on their back next? Just like a fireman.
:crazy1:

E.K Taper
28-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't give them any ideas Alex ffs!
anyway, we got the face fit masks done, what a carry on! Put a big hood over your head, the guy sprays gas into it, count backwards from 100 wtf?
wasnt expecting all that nonsense but anyhow, we chanced our arm and they agreed to test us along with the DWH workers so never cost us anything , but honestly , what a load of p!sh:cool:

DMC
29-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Done this face fit pish a few years ago, never needed it since, total bollocks

saleen836
29-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I had to do this face fit mask test a couple of months ago, comlete waste of time as I could neither taste or smell the spray that the tester used :lmao:

The tester said "oh well might aswell go through the motions as it's paid for"

TalonPlouff
14-09-2015, 10:54 PM
but when it comes to safety I always prefer all necessary PPEs. it doesn't matter if i look awkward wearing a face-fit mask.

Dillon
16-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I actually wear a full face mask for sanding even with a vacuum because I wear contact lenses, I actually believe that my eyesight has deteriorated due to the amount of dust I have subjected them too over the years. Ironically I recently got kicked off a Taylor wimpy site for not wearing a mask while mixing, Go figure.

E.K Taper
18-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Jeez Dillon that's a bit extreme!

Dillon
18-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Well it was a bit more than that if im honest I was also eating in my plot and my drip tray didn't conform. I shit you not I was kicked off never to return.

E.K Taper
21-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Lol, you need a drip tray when your eating????
Haha, in all seriousness though, that's H+ S at its worst, fcking a***holes

Dillon
22-09-2015, 06:26 AM
Lol, you need a drip tray when your eating????
Haha,

OK so you have seen me eat lol.

Yes I had a drip tray but it was home made and didn't have "Drip Tray, oil, petrol resistant" written on it. What bollox when you think of how much plant machinery and lorry's come on and off site contractors vehicles and other stuff AND they are worried about a poxy little generator. Pathetic.

H&S has really gone mad.