PDA

View Full Version : Hop ups

ALROH57
13-08-2014, 09:05 PM
A couple of summers ago I worked for a Scottish firm in England and was told all hop ups are banned in Scotland, I was wondering what the situation was Scottish law in England or just company law. Who is in the right, Them in Scotland or me WORKING in England for a Scottish firm. Any ideas chaps.

E.K Taper
13-08-2014, 09:13 PM
If you're working in England then it be up to the site agent there. However its a health and safety directive so I'd be surprised if they were allowed in England either the H&SE covers the whole of the UK

E.K Taper
13-08-2014, 09:17 PM
we use these
http://www.safetyplatforms.co.uk/safe-step-p-239.html

ALROH57
14-08-2014, 04:31 AM
I think I was thinking along the lines that Scotland has its own set of laws and is there a juristiction here in England. Why not just one island & one law. That would be to simple I suppose . I have been on sites when they have been refused to use the hop ups that you showed. Crazy world we live in. Thanks for your input E.K.

E.K Taper
14-08-2014, 05:04 PM
They shouldn't refuse those ones on site as they come with a BS guideline guarantee conformity thingy:)

ALROH57
14-08-2014, 06:46 PM
They shouldn't refuse those ones on site as they come with a BS guideline guarantee conformity thingy:)
I think they said that and were asked to produce a certificate and could not. The hop up was a working tool and covered in the usual c.ap. ALAN

E.K Taper
14-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Its easy enough to download and print off from the site.:)

ALROH57
15-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Its easy enough to download and print off from the site.:)
I would of thought so, but you know some office types just wont entertain you as you are a Manual worker. Cant say I know what happend to the chaps I think they left site over it.