PDA

View Full Version : DIY guru my arse

JPxTPxMP
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Taping and Finishing Drywall Seams WTF??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiE377vuzSY
'Home improvement and remodeling experts' like this give this game a bad name and this movie will waste 2.5 minutes of your life. Folks must watch this thinking they can start a new career the next morning. Please note: the 3 areas the paper tape is will blister after its been decorated.

TonyM
01-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Great video. I've added my 2p worth.

amestaper
01-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah that showed us lot. Why would they need us when it can be done themselves with plastic knives, plywood, and their home made handy, sandy, contraption thingumyjiggy things... and dried out blistered tapes.

However, I am available to repair it once the hacks have left. :rolleyes:

Is this a US type Changing Rooms makeover show? Loved your cheeky wee comment Tony, what a nice present left for the painters to sand down. :D Do I move these comments to the joke or DIY section?

TonyM
02-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah that showed us lot. Why would they need us when it can be done themselves with plastic knives, plywood, and their home made handy, sandy, contraption thingumyjiggy things... and dried out blistered tapes.

However, I am available to repair it once the hacks have left. :rolleyes:

Is this a US type Changing Rooms makeover show? Loved your cheeky wee comment Tony, what a nice present left for the painters to sand down. :D Do I move these comments to the joke or DIY section?

Don't you mean my cheeky poo comment?

amestaper
02-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Liked your cheeky poo comment thats on youtube I cant do anything about that.
I mean how do I catogorize this thread as we have to move things around all the time. Is it serious, comedy or DIY? Surely it cant stay in the pro contractor forum?

rhardman
02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Reminds me of the time Gordon asked me how I could breathe doing drywall...

I asked, "What do you mean.?" He said, "We were going to sheetrock our garage but after we cut it, we couldn't breathe or see anything so we gave up."

I asked, "What did you cut it with?"

"A table saw."

I still laugh.

turrican_007
22-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Great clip, sincere yet full of bullshite. Sounds famiLIAR...

matt
22-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Reminds me of the time Gordon asked me how I could breathe doing drywall...

I asked, "What do you mean.?" He said, "We were going to sheetrock our garage but after we cut it, we couldn't breathe or see anything so we gave up."

I asked, "What did you cut it with?"

"A table saw."

I still laugh.

Reminds me when I once went on a site and seen a guy sanding a house with a basic electric hand sander.
Not sure if he's finished it yet, to be honest!

2buck
13-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Hell,when people ask me if I can tape out a little bathroom or ask for advice on how to do it.I tell them to go watch something on you tube :D

never ever do a job for someone who says "I would do it myself but ........send them to youtube :cool:

E.K Taper
13-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Ha! The only thing he's ever taped is the Top 40 on a sunday! What a clown, and did you notice around the 1:30 mark he starts sanding using a box of dominos???????

christaper22
14-09-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2JFGf70yU8

Look at this one, he does make it look difficult!

Beermonster
23-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Is that for real??:mad:
I could do a better job with a spade!!

morarman
23-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Ray Charles using a beer barrel, could make a better job than these guys ......

zwirowaci
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
this guy is fast and furious. ;).

Dobietaper
09-10-2010, 06:35 PM
hahaha good1;)