PDA

View Full Version : skim wiv joint cement

bucket fanny
17-07-2010, 11:33 AM
House extnsion and a new bedroom is half new build taped. half existing room already painted with matt emlsion. teh Client wants all the walls skimmed with jointcement before new decoration. Would i be better to PVA the older walls first? Thanx!

amestaper
18-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I honestly dont know. You may have been better posting in the plastering section instead. Thats an original username though :eek:

JON RAMBO
18-07-2010, 08:58 PM
i would pva walls first better to be safe than sorry,i skim with joint cement all the time only had problems when customer hasnt washed wallpaper paste off.you will need to do 2 coats as first coat tends to pull a bit:nono:

DMS
20-07-2010, 12:02 PM
definitely pva the walls first and patch cracks and breaks with fast set material. if you have loads of it in front of you the mark V sure makes it easier.

belmoreboy
20-07-2010, 01:11 PM
cant offer any advice, but love the user name ! welcome to the forum :cool:

bucket fanny
20-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Pva worked the mutts nutts so ta for theadvice .my username was inspired by an old girlfreind :o

happytaper
20-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Pva worked the mutts nutts so ta for theadvice .my username was inspired by an old girlfreind :o

my username was inspired by an old girlfriend-must have been like throwing a sausage into a bucket of joint cement:;)

E.K Taper
30-07-2010, 08:06 AM

Thats a c**t of a name!:cool:

scottishlad2k10
04-02-2011, 04:54 PM
personally i would skim the walls with readymix filler as it sticks to anything..... where as your fast set filler if you put it on a painted surface it bosses,splits,falls off as theres nothing to stick to. even if you go to sand it youl see it falls off just dosnt stick :) we always have and always use readymix :) 398

as for replacing internal and external corner tapes we pish this down a bit and apply it with a brush (now a corner roller as a wise man told me :D ) as it sticks perfect :) this bonds to painted surfaces then give it a skim of fast set and another skim of this and youl be sorted :)

scottishlad2k10
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
thats a c**t of a name!:cool:

lol!