PDA

View Full Version : Wagner spray pumps

Captain perfect
20-08-2010, 01:49 PM
The next supply & fix contract on a 3 M town house we have been asked to apply the sealer coat.

Normally we will just pass this to the painters for a drink :fing02:

But times as they are we might try one of these

http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/portal/piston_landing_spray,41773,747.html

Does anyone have any experience of them ? Good or Bad

Even if you dont spray it will take a power roller

JON RAMBO
24-08-2010, 07:27 PM
try machine-mart they do a 110v version for about 800 i think last time i looked,good as.

Captain perfect
24-08-2010, 09:03 PM
try machine-mart they do a 110v version for about 800 i think last time i looked,good as.

Thanks for that !

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/wagner-pro119extra-high-performance-piston-pum

I think that will do the job,

turrican_007
25-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi Captain perfect, i have got the wagnar 9150 twin stroke, nice bit of kit, but when you get one you may have to change the filter in the trigger housing, i think they have a colour code system. The one that mine came with was yellow and after a fuc*king nightmare of a day with the nozzel blocking or what i thought was the nozzel blocking, was infact the filter in the trigger, it was to fine for the primer & sealer to sieve through, we upgraded to a white filter and then it worked fine. Great tool that leaves a nice neat finish + its good fun...

Captain perfect
25-08-2010, 05:38 PM
turrican_007

Thanks for the tip :cool:

When we have put sealer on with a roller we pass it through a old kitchen sieve , I am always amazed at the amount of crud & grit in the mix.

For the price you pay for the Wagner it will be in after a couple of jobs, [ Maybe]

turrican_007
25-08-2010, 05:44 PM
For the price you pay for the Wagner it will be in after a couple of jobs, [ Maybe]

It will be like printing money.

belmoreboy
25-08-2010, 08:15 PM
good looking pump for the money - will make you some 's

Captain perfect
25-08-2010, 09:26 PM
good looking pump for the money - will make you some 's

You are more than welcome to supply.

belmoreboy
25-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Will make a few calls in the morrow - cheers for the opportunity:fing02:

DMS
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for that !

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/wagner-pro119extra-high-performance-piston-pum

I think that will do the job,

That is a pretty small pump for the job, 1.25 l/m flow rate means it will be screaming the whole time you are using it, and not putting out as much paint as you would like. I would say you want a minimum of 2.1 l per minute for spraying anything larger than a bathroom. the titan 640ix would be the smallest i would use from the wagner range, i think you are looking at around 1400.00 + vat, or the graco stmax 395 for a fairly similar amount. general feedback leans more towards graco as the preferred machine. as far as filters go, you probably had a 30 mesh filter in your machine, either 60 or 100 mesh is best used for spraying primers and top coats.

belmoreboy
20-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey captain

apologies for delay just wondered if you got sorted with sprayer - couldn't get down to the machine mart pricing, unless i was purchasing 5 or more machines.

Hop you managed to get sorted :fing02:

TonyM
20-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Just an observation, but when you spray drywall sealer, do you get areas that are slightly 'prickly' where there may be some sanding residue or a roughed up paper surface from sanding? I know spraying is a quick way of doing it, but is the finish really better. I had a painter following us with an airless a few years ago and he just emulsioned straight on, and some areas felt like sandpaper, even though they were sanded dead smooth.

DMS
22-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Just an observation, but when you spray drywall sealer, do you get areas that are slightly 'prickly' where there may be some sanding residue or a roughed up paper surface from sanding? I know spraying is a quick way of doing it, but is the finish really better. I had a painter following us with an airless a few years ago and he just emulsioned straight on, and some areas felt like sandpaper, even though they were sanded dead smooth.

could be a couple reasons for that: 1 he didn't put enough paint on and the plasterboard sucked it up too quickly, causing a rough surface.
2. had the pressure too high, so the paint was bouncing backl off the wall, leaving a bad finish. if done correctly you should achieve a far superior finish with an airless

turrican_007
22-09-2010, 04:57 PM

Did not have a problem with it being prickly spraying drywall sealer and the finish is perfect. The added bonus is it covers all the corners so the finish result looks "pukka".