PDA

View Full Version : The Shame Of It.

TonyM
19-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I have just dug my Brush Mate 20 out of the back of my garage, as, when I was in Leyland the other day they had a maintenance kit for it which comprised of a new vapour panel with wick, a drip mat for the bottom (which is obviously a later development, as my brush box is one of the first ones made in the early 90's with the metal lid), and a few spare brush hanging clips. I bought some of the fluid as well, which is actually more expensive than single malt whiskey. Anyway, back to my brush box. Imagine my horror to find 13 Hamilton Namel Var brushes of various sizes and 2 Hamilton angle fitches, all solid as......
Luckily i'm not going to be doing too much painting, but I certainly wouldn't like to have to replace all of them.

TradeDecoratingSupplies
19-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Tut Tut!!
13 nam var!!! cor blimy guvnor, they would have cost a small fortune to replace. You reminded me though, i've got a bm 4 somewhere in "the shed" <<shudder>> thats not had a new pad put in it for over a year think my purdys will be in a similar state.
I remember when I first started working for crown, didnt know much about paint and didnt have the common sense to read how to clean your brushes out off the tin and assumed the polyurethane i was using was oil based, went back to my first ever expensive brush the following day, absolutely solid.

BM fluid shouldnt be more than 5 + vat a bottle, DDC's & CDC's do it for that, I knock it out at 4 to titch them off :)

scottishlad2k10
24-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Tut Tut!!
13 nam var!!! cor blimy guvnor, they would have cost a small fortune to replace. You reminded me though, i've got a bm 4 somewhere in "the shed" <<shudder>> thats not had a new pad put in it for over a year think my purdys will be in a similar state.
I remember when I first started working for crown, didnt know much about paint and didnt have the common sense to read how to clean your brushes out off the tin and assumed the polyurethane i was using was oil based, went back to my first ever expensive brush the following day, absolutely solid.

BM fluid shouldnt be more than 5 + vat a bottle, DDC's & CDC's do it for that, I knock it out at 4 to titch them off :)

when are yous starting to expand your buisness all over the uk tds?

amestaper
24-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Sorry scottishlad, they wont be around here anymore.... :glare:

scottishlad2k10
24-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Sorry scottishlad, they wont be around here anymore.... :glare:

more spammers was it?? should deleted the two comments above then :) mine and theirs so it gets rid of their name. no need for spamming.

amestaper
24-04-2011, 05:17 PM
it wasn't spamming and the company she represents are the real deal.